Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.

WHen NOTE REPEAT is pressed, what Time Division Options should the F-Keys have?

46%
46%
8%
By DJ Hellfire Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:20 pm
The options for the other settings will still be available through either a toggle like Dan said, or in the quantize screen like it's always been. What this poll is for is for the actual quick keys (F Keys). You aren't gonna loose any options. The uncommon ones just won't have F Keys.

If anything since there are 6 button, lets try a 2 two page setup like this:

When pressing the note repeat button, the main options pop up:
[1/4] [1/8] [1/16] [1/32] [1/64] [MORE/NEXT]

When pressing the more/next button, it quickly shows the triplets options
[1/4(3)] [1/8(3)] [1/16(3)] [1/32(3)] [1/64(3)] [BACK]

Pressing the back button quickly goes back to the main selection.

EDIT: Or is this how you say the 5000 works? Haven't played with one that much.
By rookie Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:33 pm
Ill-Green wrote:
Retrofreak wrote:I like the 5000 way, but would like triplets on the 16 and 32 also.

[1/4] [1/8] [1/16] [1/16(3)] [1/32] [1/32(3)] [1/64] [ 3 ]

I say triplets for all, more options to get experimental.

Exactly.
By JAH Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:58 pm
cyrus wrote:personally i say go with what is "classic mpc" style. whatever most mpc users will be familiar with. Im guessing the mpc5000 isn't 'classic' mpc, even if in the end it accomplishes the same thing.

What does classic MPC style mean to you? Older MPCs note repeat is based off of all available time correct settings. The MPC 2000XL didn't have 1/4, 1/4(3), 1/64, and 1/64(3) note repeat as the didn't have these as time correct options as well.

I voted to include 1/64 and 1/64(3). Not because I will use them...because I don't think I will. But just to have all the options available.
By cyrus Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:02 pm
the one thing i always liked about 2xl (i think it was the 2xl, don't remember), but when you had quantize setting selected - say 1/16 the soft key would display that setting, instead of TC. if no quantize was selected the soft key would display TC, or Timing Correct (or whatever the exact verbage was on the 2xl).

anyways, what im getting at, I always thought it was useful to see on the softkey what your quantize settings where so you didnt have to open up that dialog to remember, it was a visual indicator "hey you got 1/16 quantize on".

would be nice if this was implemented on the controllers.

another thing is the order of the settings. if you need to use the cursor or jog wheel to select the settings, it would be nice if "off" was last, so you could simply just turn the jog wheel really fast to turn quantize off as quick as possible...
By cyrus Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:11 pm
JAH wrote:
cyrus wrote:personally i say go with what is "classic mpc" style. whatever most mpc users will be familiar with. Im guessing the mpc5000 isn't 'classic' mpc, even if in the end it accomplishes the same thing.

What does classic MPC style mean to you? Older MPCs note repeat is based off of all available time correct settings. The MPC 2000XL didn't have 1/4, 1/4(3), 1/64, and 1/64(3) note repeat as the didn't have these as time correct options as well.

I voted to include 1/64 and 1/64(3). Not because I will use them...because I don't think I will. But just to have all the options available.

i'd say what the mpc2000xl has - wasn't trying to diss the mpc5000, just ment classic as what people might typically think of as your standard mpc. so maybe "standard" mpc might be better term as all mpc's are 'classic'.

Although I could see your reasoning for having all options, i personally think its overkill. might as well just turn quantize off at that point.

edit: after rereading this thread, i agree with what Dj Hellfire suggested
By Luigi Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:16 pm
U NEED THEM TRIPLETS MAN!

the more choices the better!