Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Blue Haze Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:13 am
It may have been mentioned before, I`m not sure or not.

The MPC Renaissance and Studio have vsts and can work as a plugin in a DAW is great. However if the Renaissance has rewire build in that would take it to the next level. I`m able a avid ableton live user and it`s elastic audio engine is second to none if rewire was implemented then I could use the Ren more as my base sequencer/arranger and my Live or Reason as a sound module. As it stand now we would use MPC Ren and studio as a plugin therefore they would be more like sound modules in the DAW setup.

Flip the script and allow rewire and we users would basically work within our mpcs and use Ableton and Reason as the sound modules. At the final stages we could bring the mpc Ren and studio into Cubase, Logic, and other Daws for mastering and final mix down.

Most users even the maschine users dream of using rewire with ableton and reason. It would give it a more hardware based feel and workflow in my two cents.
By Blue Haze Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:02 pm
Yeah if that could be done we would indeed have one of best timestretching and time slicing on the planet via ableton. Along with the various effects, instruments and libraries of ableton and reason running within the mpc. Start out with a skelton drum pattern on the mpc ren, assign a warp audio or sampler track from ableton rewired into the mpc and bounce down the song when complete.
By rookie Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:00 pm
Blue Haze wrote:It may have been mentioned before, I`m not sure or not.

The MPC Renaissance and Studio have vsts and can work as a plugin in a DAW is great. However if the Renaissance has rewire build in that would take it to the next level. I`m able a avid ableton live user and it`s elastic audio engine is second to none if rewire was implemented then I could use the Ren more as my base sequencer/arranger and my Live or Reason as a sound module. As it stand now we would use MPC Ren and studio as a plugin therefore they would be more like sound modules in the DAW setup.

Flip the script and allow rewire and we users would basically work within our mpcs and use Ableton and Reason as the sound modules. At the final stages we could bring the mpc Ren and studio into Cubase, Logic, and other Daws for mastering and final mix down.

Most users even the maschine users dream of using rewire with ableton and reason. It would give it a more hardware based feel and workflow in my two cents.

+1.
By helios Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:32 pm
Exactly. If the new MPC software had the rare talent of being both ReWire host and slave, like Reaper, that would be the tipping point for me! I still haven't decided if I want one of the new hybrids but that would do it for me. I'm not against them, I'm just not sold on them yet, especially until I use one but ReWire host/slave? Even just being a ReWire host or slave would have a big impact on my decision.

I agree about Maschine. It's pretty cool and using it as a plug-in has some nice drag-and-drop features but it not having ReWire of any kind put me off. Sure there are work-arounds with IAC or physical MIDI cables but that's jumping through hoops. That's why for me the Maschine software was pretty useless to me as a standalone. If it had ReWire...
By coolderb Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:04 am
XT Software has a solution

Check this out:

http://www.energy-xt.com/index.php?id=0115

By distortedtekno Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:24 am
Thanks for sharing that link. The first thing I was looking for in the Ren was ReWire, and was disappointed in the absence of it.
This energy XT looks cool. But it doesn't specify if it's 32 or 64 bit, which is a big issue nowadays concerning compatibility.

coolderb wrote:XT Software has a solution

Check this out:

http://www.energy-xt.com/index.php?id=0115