Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Lampdog Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:01 pm
DJ Hellfire wrote:Either way, I don't give a shit if it sounds like legacy gear. I just want it to sound good!
By K A G E Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:10 pm
I don't think we need those modes at all, definitely not buttons right on the front of the MPC. If I wanted 12 bit sound I'd buy an MPC 60. Especially if they are basically just filter presets..
By ansiaaa Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:44 pm
K A G E wrote:I don't think we need those modes at all, definitely not buttons right on the front of the MPC. If I wanted 12 bit sound I'd buy an MPC 60. Especially if they are basically just filter presets..

that's what I thought the first time I saw the Ren... that's something I would NEVER use and that space could have been used for something more useful...

those who would be interested in those modes are just bitching for features or already have the original MPC's...
By rondonone Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:50 pm
Yeah I have the original mpc 3000 and had the 60 before but now I will have both unit's in one box with better daw integration and modern workflow. I'm really excited for the new mpc ren! that's a dream come true. just because you don't need this feature doesn't mean nobody will
By K A G E Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:14 am
rondonone wrote:Yeah I have the original mpc 3000 and had the 60 before but now I will have both unit's in one box with better daw integration and modern workflow. I'm really excited for the new mpc ren! that's a dream come true. just because you don't need this feature doesn't mean nobody will

True. And I am sure that it will be a fun feature to experiment with. It just doesn't seem logical to have it right on the front. Maybe on the back beside the I/O? I just see it as becoming that little thing in the corner that doesn't really get used that much.

Just an opinion. I'm very excited for this MPC!
By JAH Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:11 am
ansiaaa wrote:
K A G E wrote:I don't think we need those modes at all, definitely not buttons right on the front of the MPC. If I wanted 12 bit sound I'd buy an MPC 60. Especially if they are basically just filter presets..

that's what I thought the first time I saw the Ren... that's something I would NEVER use and that space could have been used for something more useful...

those who would be interested in those modes are just bitching for features or already have the original MPC's...

That space could have been used for something more useful...like your feature requests? :?
By madcherokee Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:39 am
Feature request:

Have a MPC Ren-Standalone. That would be the MPC5000XL!! Give it all of the file compatibility for the ENTIRE MPC SERIES and the ENTIRE "S" SERIES samples because of the multisample / keygroups abilities of the MPC4000 and the MPC5000!! This way your 12-bit MPC60 and 12-bit X7000 / S900 / S950 samples will be totally compatible and you do not have to spend years of time to integrate, reconfigure, etc. your samples!!!

:D

Oh damn, I just woke up. What happened?

Mad cherokee
By JAH Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:52 am
madcherokee wrote:Feature request:

Have a MPC Ren-Standalone. That would be the MPC5000XL!! Give it all of the file compatibility for the ENTIRE MPC SERIES and the ENTIRE "S" SERIES samples because of the multisample / keygroups abilities of the MPC4000 and the MPC5000!! This way your 12-bit MPC60 and 12-bit X7000 / S900 / S950 samples will be totally compatible and you do not have to spend years of time to integrate, reconfigure, etc. your samples!!!

Oh damn, I just woke up. What happened?

Mad cherokee

I could go for an MPC 5000XL with a quad core CPU, 4 GB Ram, 1 TB hard drive, external monitor support for $2500.
By ansiaaa Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:02 am
JAH wrote:That space could have been used for something more useful...like your feature requests? :?

lol god your such a clown JAH :) thanks for cheering me up with a good laugh every time I come to this forum
By scoobylol Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:05 am
ansiaaa wrote:

Or they have different feature requirements than you do? :roll:
By JAH Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:16 am
ansiaaa wrote:
JAH wrote:That space could have been used for something more useful...like your feature requests? :?

lol god your such a clown JAH :) thanks for cheering me up with a good laugh every time I come to this forum

I love this forum because we do have people here that say, demand, and come up with the craziest sh!t...and write things they would never say to someone in person. * I do include myself in the "say crazy sh!t category." :D
By ansiaaa Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:32 am
JAH wrote:
ansiaaa wrote:

I love this forum because we do have people here that say, demand, and come up with the craziest sh!t...and write things they would never say to someone in person. * I do include myself in the "say crazy sh!t category." :D

lol lazy bastards, you should buy them a ticket to japan and see if they keep talking!
don't ever let them stop entertaining us though, please?
By ansiaaa Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:40 am
scoobylol wrote:
ansiaaa wrote:that's what I thought the first time I saw the Ren... that's something I would NEVER use and that space could have been used for something more useful...

Or they have different feature requirements than you do? :roll:

lol exactly, I'm all about myself.

but seriously I didn't mean to sound that harsh :D it just struck me that such a feature is so blatantly put on the front of the controller.
I might be wrong, but since it's a controller linked to a computer, I'd use it for those functions that are needed to be readily available to quicken the whole workflow... or live performances...
chaning the mode could have been done in some other way, not with a specific button just for that... I'd have put a switch on the back, where the outputs are.

it's so obvious it's there because they want to attract the old MPC's crowd.

I didn't say they shouldn't include it, why would I. I know there's a lots of people who are excited by it, but why let it take some useful space?

anyway, sorry about my bitching, it's just that I design interfaces of all kinds, and stuff like this just catches my eye