Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By DJ Hellfire Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:58 pm
Danoc wrote:
DJ Hellfire wrote:
Danoc wrote:I use the MPC2000xl and I never left it for Maschine, that would be crazy on my part.

The way you said that does sound like you would be committing some form of ultimate treason for using Maschine! :lol:

On that note, I'm not made at Maschine, and I don't care for it, not my cup of tea. I mean really though. No the way I said it is what I meant as explained why I didn't like maschine. That's YOU'RE MIND THINKING I WAS COMMITTING SOME FORM OF TREASON! Again I don't like Maschine because a terrible experience with NI, I didn't like the feel, the sequencer wasn't poppin for me nor did it feel good under my finger and it felt flimsy. I am saying this for the 2nd time, I gave you reasons why so how is that SOME FORM OF TREASON ? SMH

I didn't say it was treason. I said you make it sound like it would be some form of treason by saying "it would be crazy on your part".
By Danoc Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:03 pm
DJ Hellfire wrote:
On that note, I'm not made at Maschine, and I don't care for it, not my cup of tea. I mean really though. No the way I said it is what I meant as explained why I didn't like maschine. That's YOU'RE MIND THINKING I WAS COMMITTING SOME FORM OF TREASON! Again I don't like Maschine because a terrible experience with NI, I didn't like the feel, the sequencer wasn't poppin for me nor did it feel good under my finger and it felt flimsy. I am saying this for the 2nd time, I gave you reasons why so how is that SOME FORM OF TREASON ? SMH

I didn't say it was treason. I said you make it sound like it would be some form of treason by saying "it would be crazy on your part".

Yeah I said it's CRAZY TO LEAVE MY MPC because of my work flow, again you're analogy is all assumption, and I never meant that. If you feel that way cool but for me it's not. But I get what you're saying. It's all good though because here comes MPC Ren :) Ima be one happy dude!
By DJ Hellfire Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:20 pm
Danoc wrote:Yeah I said it's CRAZY TO LEAVE MY MPC because of my work flow, again you're analogy is all assumption, and I never meant that. If you feel that way cool but for me it's not. But I get what you're saying. It's all good though because here comes MPC Ren :) Ima be one happy dude!

Not how I feel at all! Just how it sounded to me! I'll be getting one too, and most likely a Studio as well a bit later if it's all peaches! :D

But as for the workflow thing, I'll say to you what I mentioned in another thread. We all had slow workflows when we first started on MPC's. The workflows we have now with them is because we've been using them for years and years. So it's only natural to not have the same workflow on something new, and you can't really expect it right away. It's almost like you have to earn that shit. I had to keep that in mind when I first got Maschine, because it is very different than what you're used to, as far as functions and moving around the gear. But the basic principles are the same. Once you learn your way around the machine and memorize where functions are, like anything, your workflow will improve. I'm still not as swift with it as I am with my MPC, but with giving it a chance, I'm getting pretty close. Definitely much improved from when I first got it. It's more a thing of having patience than anything I guess. Some people just really don't have time to sit and learn something new that seems a bit complex, especially when you wanna just get in there and bang some shit out.
By emptysea Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:01 pm
Danoc wrote:The MPC Ren with the software is basically a DAW. You can do vocals via XLR inputs into the HARDWARE, Effects, you can use it as a stand alone and use VST/i's, editing screen etc. It will have all what a DAW has.

No it won't "have all what a DAW has". For starters, DAWs have these things called audio tracks.

Danoc wrote:No I don't feel loyal to no company because my #1 rule is never be loyal to any company where it's your job etc.

Danoc wrote:I am a MPC ride for life dude!
By JAH Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:57 am
emptysea wrote:
Danoc wrote:The MPC Ren with the software is basically a DAW. You can do vocals via XLR inputs into the HARDWARE, Effects, you can use it as a stand alone and use VST/i's, editing screen etc. It will have all what a DAW has.

No it won't "have all what a DAW has". For starters, DAWs have these things called audio tracks.

The MPC Ren won't have ALL that a DAW has. But then again, a DAW will not have all that an MPC has. Audio tracks are projected for future updates.
By DJ Hellfire Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:44 am
goldenxscholars wrote:lol why the jab at ableton? i dont see why getting a mpc ren would make anybody abandon a DAW. its pretty much a controller from what i've seen so far.

I can see for people just doing beats and instrumentals without vocalists, the MPC software will probably be enough. Can't really see much need for using a full out DAW. As long as this software has some visual gain metering, it should suffice.
By JAH Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:25 am
goldenxscholars wrote:lol why the jab at ableton? i dont see why getting a mpc ren would make anybody abandon a DAW. its pretty much a controller from what i've seen so far.

In addition to being a controller, its a sampler, MIDI sequencer, and VST host....
By strugglebuggiemusic Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:12 am
The effect on the urban producers will be thus: a whole lotta fools will be trading in their 1000, 2500, and older 2000xl's to get the Renny...then, they will discover that they need a faster computer with a large amount of RAM, and they will be pissed, and start complaining...me, on the other hand, I will be on the lookout for that minty fresh MPC thats been lightly used, and snag it, then wait for the end of 2012, before I jump into the fray, hell, let the scouts take the arrows, and squash all the bugs...
By jpeg Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:45 pm
strugglebuggiemusic wrote:The effect on the urban producers will be thus: a whole lotta fools will be trading in their 1000, 2500, and older 2000xl's to get the Renny...then, they will discover that they need a faster computer with a large amount of RAM, and they will be pissed, and start complaining...me, on the other hand, I will be on the lookout for that minty fresh MPC thats been lightly used, and snag it, then wait for the end of 2012, before I jump into the fray, hell, let the scouts take the arrows, and squash all the bugs...

the same spec required to run any daw program will be sufficient to run the ren application.

ive been running maschine at super speed with 5 year old amd athalon pc with no probs so not sure why u think u need the latest craig super computer to run the ren?
By DJ Hellfire Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:15 pm
strugglebuggiemusic wrote:then, they will discover that they need a faster computer with a large amount of RAM, and they will be pissed, and start complaining...

I keep seeing people say stuff like this. Why are you guys assuming that people don't already have capable computers? People have been using Mac Pros for years. People have been building beastly computers for fractions of the cost of a Mac Pro for years. Pre-built computers have been very powerful for years. People have been using software for production for years. People have been using Maschine and MPD's for years. So it's safe to say there are lot of people out there that already have computers that can handle this. This product is not just for people who only have hardware MPC's and no music computer.

There are probably more producers out there now that have powerful computers than ones that don't. All these new producers coming up today are using computers and software. All the old producers that were on hardware have either switched to software/computer or have incorporated software/computer with their hardware. So the number of users that aren't using a computer is vastly and quickly shrinking.

And you're not gonna need a super powerful computer with a bunch of RAM to do the same shit you do on your hardware MPC with only 128MB of RAM. All you need is a basic computer by today's standard to accomplish what the best hardware MPC can do. The powerful computers are really only gonna be needed for running heavy VST's and virtual instruments, which you cannot do on any current MPC.
By strugglebuggiemusic Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:34 am
jpeg wrote:
strugglebuggiemusic wrote:The effect on the urban producers will be thus: a whole lotta fools will be trading in their 1000, 2500, and older 2000xl's to get the Renny...then, they will discover that they need a faster computer with a large amount of RAM, and they will be pissed, and start complaining...me, on the other hand, I will be on the lookout for that minty fresh MPC thats been lightly used, and snag it, then wait for the end of 2012, before I jump into the fray, hell, let the scouts take the arrows, and squash all the bugs...

the same spec required to run any daw program will be sufficient to run the ren application.

ive been running maschine at super speed with 5 year old amd athalon pc with no probs so not sure why u think u need the latest craig super computer to run the ren?

The reason why I said what I did is because I read the specs: 2 gigs RAM minimum, 4 gigs recommended...read it straight offa the AKAI web site...
By JAH Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:54 am
strugglebuggiemusic wrote:
jpeg wrote:

The reason why I said what I did is because I read the specs: 2 gigs RAM minimum, 4 gigs recommended...read it straight offa the AKAI web site...

4 GB of Ram is not a large amount. In fact, most reasonably priced PCs ship with at least 4 GB of Ram and have dual core processors....and if you don't have a computer with a lot of Ram..upgrading it is very cheap.

The MPC Ren won't have any more impact on the urban market that any previous MPC....IMHO. Its just another tool.
By DJ Hellfire Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:56 pm
strugglebuggiemusic wrote:
jpeg wrote:

C'mon son! You know how CHEAP ram is?! I just got 16GB of HIGH PERFORMANCE G.Skill ram for $85. So imagine how cheap an upgrade to 4GB would cost you. Probably $30. At that price it would be stupid to only upgrade to only 4GB unless your OS is 32-bit which maxes out at 4GB. If you have 64-bit, 8GB at least is a no brainer. Now if you got your new hardware MPC this year, which would likely only ship with 64MB of ram or so, how much do you think a ram upgrade from Akai would cost? Probably over $200 and it would be much more limited sample memory, which would probably be around 256MB, given what past MPC's had.
By BassToTheFace Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:10 am
Danoc wrote:
DJ Hellfire wrote:
Danoc wrote:I use the MPC2000xl and I never left it for Maschine, that would be crazy on my part.

The way you said that does sound like you would be committing some form of ultimate treason for using Maschine! :lol:

for god's sake, shut up. you clearly don't understand what he said. no one really gives a damn what you like and don't like. he said that you made it sound like treason. do you not understand the comparison there?