Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Keys BeMe Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:52 am
:lol: homie was def 'preachin' the Akai 'sermon on the mount' with some truth to what he was saying but he staight missed the 80's and all the hip hop jointz made during this era. The 90's were good because the 80's were great! To the point of his rant tho', its not enough for Akai to drop 3 units with a lot of hype attached - they have to - WITHOUT FAIL - get this one right. If they do, It could spark a new era in music production instantly making the 'Renaissance' for instance, a true "future classic".

I'm def optimistic though 8) !
By jpeg Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:26 am
dats wassup i defo feel alot of peeps have been over critical in saying that cos its not standalone its no good and look all the mistakes nuakia have made previously but i have neva known akai to make such an effort to engage the users and find out what they want surely the most ardent skeptic must accept that the level user feedback being collect by akia is unprecedented.

the have defo been watching the success of maschine and the ideas from the users as the vst integration may not have come about if not for user suggestion.

alos they have prolly seen the beat kangs approach to finding out what users like and dislike and they are finally stepping into the 21st web 2.0 world of user feedback and using our ideas to help develop a successful product and purerists are still hating for no good reason.

just goes to show peeps love to be cynical for the wrong things
By Ill-Green Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:34 am
Props jpeg!

This was very uplifting at the same time, not only about MPCs but about Hip Hop itself and the direction it should be going. Very motivational gems being dropped.
By JAH Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:17 pm
The ones that you find in this forum hating are not purist by any stretch of the imagination. They complain because the internet gives them a voice to do so.

I have always been an early adopter of MPCs and music production equipment/software in general. Hopefully, we can get the MPC Ren within the next 6 months....
By m:t:c Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:04 pm
well I'm for instance still completely undecided about these new mpcs. "wait & see" is my tactics.
By scoobylol Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:14 pm
m:t:c wrote:well I'm for instance still completely undecided about these new mpcs. "wait & see" is my tactics.

This.

It's cool to list lots of exciting features but until we've seen them implimented over time, with rock solid stability in both the hardware and software it means sweet f*ck all.
By Blue Haze Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:01 pm
I love his key quote "I don't want to do what everyone else is doing, I want to do my own shi*."

And the gear isn't going to make the music the artist is. Technology is suppose to advance to allow the user more options. We can have music now as good as it was in the 90's if the artists weren't trying to feed off the next hot style.

Endless possibilities starts with an open mind towards seeing the potential.
By ArKyve-31 Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:06 pm
I can't watch a 28 min. video right now, only got half way in, but I think EVERYONE is outta there minds, haters and non haters. This can come out and be sick, or if not implemented correct it come out and have more bugs than any mpc in history and take close to a year or more to get a update, no one knows until we can get our hands on it.
By Emilie Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:48 pm
Then i also have to buy a new computer that can handle the audio computing. No way!