Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By spoons Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:24 pm
so how do you guys feel about this new product?
not exactly sure whats the point of being able to make it run like a 3000/60.
actually i think it says you can make it run like any of the mpc's.
but at $1299 i just don't think its worth it.
looks interesting tho...
By Lampdog Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:13 pm
"sound" not "run".

The point is the sound.

By b.read Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:17 pm
What is this new product you speak of? 8)
By DJ Hellfire Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:19 pm
spoons wrote:but at $1299 i just don't think its worth it.
looks interesting tho...

Gonna quote myself from another thread. In comparison to the competition:
DJ Hellfire wrote:It's because the Ren has a built in audio interface which the Maschine does not.

So take it from the perspective of a person who has nothing but a computer (US pricing here).
Maschine ($599) + Mbox3 ($549) = $1149
MPC Ren ($800-1000) + Nothing ($0) = $800-1000

I used Mbox3 because it's the closest thing I could think of to an interface comparable to what's in the Ren. But you can substitute it for whatever comparable interface you like. I think it's still pretty even.

The MPC Studio is more comparable to Maschine (not the Mikro). Therefore it's fair to be priced around the same.
By roxstar Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:03 am
"but at $1299 i just don't think its worth it.
looks interesting tho..."

I paid $1800.00 for my 2500..it doesn't do half the things the Ren can. I don't like the price either, but in all honesty, its worth every penny. I've seen some people happily pay much more than $1200.00 for a 3000 or an SP1200...
By strugglebuggiemusic Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:39 am
Yo son, I have over 1200 albums, 200 45's, 10,000 individual samples on dvd, half a dozen synths, AND THEY WERE ALL WORTH IT if the MPC Renny gives me the chance to use them all at once, with the power of a large fast computer...and when they add the audio recording capability, that joint plus the sofware will be the only thing I turn to...besides, what else am I gunna spend my green on? :mrgreen:
............and, the power to edit midi notes with a MOUSE on a monitor, as will as sidechaining, hand drawing volume curves, all in the same software will increase my workflow by at least 2 or 3 times...and, when they drop the MPC McFly, I will be able to chill at the mall, and work on tracks, sample from my itunes that I recorded from my record collection, and come back to the crib and load it onto the Renny...
One caveat: I do intend to let you guys buy it first, so yall can squash all the BUGS :lol:
Last edited by strugglebuggiemusic on Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
By MONSTA Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:42 am
IF IT REALLY SOUNDS LIKE AN MPC 3000 THEN I MITE GET IT .. music is about sound .. i am looking on ebay right now for a mpc 3000 . i never used one . only the 200xl and the 2500 ..i opwn the ni maschine and only used it about three times .. i just not felling the sound ... so right now im just usin my asr 10 .. and abelton live ... the worlds Most Expensive Violin is worth 1.9 mil not because it can hook up to a comp its because of its sound .. go on ebay and look @ an emu sp 1200 its worth $2000 still because of what its sound ..look @ the mpc 3000 $1700 why not because it can hook up 2 an comp because of what ??? its sound !!!! i wana ask you this . do you think in 10 years the mpc renaissance will hold its value ?? im not knocking the mpc renaissance @ all in till i use it ...and i thank akai for stepping up .. i just hope it has that analog fell to it .. and i hope you can hook up and external hard drive to the back of it ??
By b.read Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:01 am
MONSTA wrote:IF IT REALLY SOUNDS LIKE AN MPC 3000 THEN I MITE GET IT .. music is about sound .. i am looking on ebay right now for a mpc 3000 . i never used one . only the 200xl and the 2500 ..i opwn the ni maschine and only used it about three times .. i just not felling the sound ... so right now im just usin my asr 10 .. and abelton live ... the worlds Most Expensive Violin is worth 1.9 mil not because it can hook up to a comp its because of its sound .. go on ebay and look @ an emu sp 1200 its worth $2000 still because of what its sound ..look @ the mpc 3000 $1700 why not because it can hook up 2 an comp because of what ??? its sound !!!! i wana ask you this . do you think in 10 years the mpc renaissance will hold its value ?? im not knocking the mpc renaissance @ all in till i use it ...and i thank akai for stepping up .. i just hope it has that analog fell to it .. and i hope you can hook up and external hard drive to the back of it ??

What this man right here said... 8)

8)
By LZ Roberts Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:39 am
I kind of started off thinking - MPC Ren, what a shame. - I'm very much in the stand alone machine camp.

But.... I come to realise that I've had a Xone DX for a good few months now, which is just a DJ controller with an inbuilt sound card. But, as its a well designed system, its not feeling like a controller tacked onto a computer, its more like a whole DJ system with a screen. It's as though the computer just disappears into this system.

So now I'm kind of thinking there may be something in this Ren thing. Except the side panels need to be wood and the front phones socket etc. need to be in steel coz those bits they have now make it look a bit low rent. (But still need a stand alone MPC in the range though)

Also, though there is all this thing about the classic sound n'that, can't something new have its own sound that can become classic itself?? I mean if you go back far enough with music there's the classic rock banging against another rock & diehards saying you shouldn't **** with that sound or change the spirit of the music, man. 8)

How old is Hip Hop these day's? the originals are literally Grandaddies now. As for Rock, ...for ****'s sake. :lol: Bet I'm gonna get shot for this. :lol: :lol:
By Ill-Green Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:48 am
LZ Roberts wrote:I kind of started off thinking - MPC Ren, what a shame. - I'm very much in the stand alone machine camp.

But.... I come to realise that I've had a Xone DX for a good few months now, which is just a DJ controller with an inbuilt sound card. But, as its a well designed system, its not feeling like a controller tacked onto a computer, its more like a whole DJ system with a screen. It's as though the computer just disappears into this system.

So now I'm kind of thinking there may be something in this Ren thing. Except the side panels need to be wood and the front phones socket etc. need to be in steel coz those bits they have now make it look a bit low rent. (But still need a stand alone MPC in the range though)

Also, though there is all this thing about the classic sound n'that, can't something new have its own sound that can become classic itself?? I mean if you go back far enough with music there's the classic rock banging against another rock & diehards saying you shouldn't **** with that sound or change the spirit of the music, man. 8)

How old is Hip Hop these day's? the originals are literally Grandaddies now. As for Rock, ...for ****'s sake. :lol: Bet I'm gonna get shot for this. :lol: :lol:

I hear what you're saying, that the 3000 and 60 sound defined the '90s, but whats gonna define the now of music? Yeah man, innovation and evolution is where its always been, I think Hip Hop needs to be innovating with new devices that create it. It started with two techs and a mic, then drum machine and synths, then samplers, and now software. So a perfect hybrid would've been nice. But who knows what things the future will bring. All I know is I'm just gonna keep doing my thing.
By JAH Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:38 pm
LZ Roberts wrote:

It does have its own sound...it sports a 24 bit /96kHz audio I/O. The vintage mode is just an option.
By ntalec Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:51 pm
The new MPC won't really matter until the hype users get out the way and people can really use and evaluate what it really is about.

Akai is pushing way to hard for me to believe they got it right.
The question really comes down to what it really can do not what Akai is saying it can do.

Some people are going to jump on it because it's new, some because it's a MPC but the ones who will really count will be those who really make use of it.

With such a late released planned we can't even expect any real debugging or stability until 1st quarter 2013, that's almost a year away.

Akai has been know to miss release dates so I think responding to all this Akai marketing is currently doing is as mentioned in another thread similar to the Beat Kangz or Linn.
Hard to say what they will actually release as a finished product or when they will drop it.

For all of you currently excited cool but I'll wait for a physical product to decide.
By JAH Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:06 pm
Early adopters are the ones that really count. They make or break a product.