Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By MONSTA Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:27 am
the real reason we would like stand alone . is for the sound Maschine doesn't have a "sound" because it just uses your sound card for playback., is this true with MPC Renaissance ??
By DJ Hellfire Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:14 am
MONSTA wrote:the real reason we would like stand alone . is for the sound Maschine doesn't have a "sound" because it just uses your sound card for playback., is this true with MPC Renaissance ??

Like you said, Maschine uses your sound card, so it has whatever sound your sound card has. The Renaissance has it's own sound card, so it will have it's own sound. But to actually get that sound into your recordings, you will have to actually track Rens outputs either into your DAW through another interface, or resample Ren back into itself. Being that Ren has no audio tracks, you will have to basically rechop anything you resample, or just make each resampled sound a big ass one shot. Then resequence the resampled sounds. I think it would be a lot easier to just track it into another interface.
By DJ Hellfire Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:37 am
MONSTA wrote:my point is they need 2 fix that so we dont have to do all that..

How can they fix that? That's how any standalone MPC operates. To get the "sound" of my 2500 into Pro Tools, I have to actually track my 2500's physical outputs through my 003. I can't just drag the sounds over USB and expect the sounds to have a 2500 sound! The Renaissance is the same way. If you want it's sound, you have to record it's outputs. There is no way around that or anything to fix.
Last edited by DJ Hellfire on Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Lampdog Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:03 am
MONSTA wrote:my point is they need 2 fix that so we dont have to do all that..

If you could, how would you fix it?
By MONSTA Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:16 am
oh ok i see what your saying . i for got the mpc r had its own out puts .. ok well :D . now i just they make 16 outputs . or have an out put expander . add on for it .. like my asr 10 ... and allso have an usb / fire wire so we can hook up a hard drive .. and ill be so happy .. i dont use my maschine any more cuzz of this .,,,, check out this thread http://www.gearslutz.com/board/rap-hip- ... chine.html
By DJ Hellfire Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:35 am
MONSTA wrote:oh ok i see what your saying . i for got the mpc r had its own out puts .. ok well :D . now i just they make 16 outputs . or have an out put expander . add on for it .. like my asr 10 ... and allso have an usb / fire wire so we can hook up a hard drive .. and ill be so happy .. i dont use my maschine any more cuzz of this .,,,, check out this thread http://www.gearslutz.com/board/rap-hip- ... chine.html

The Ren will have a built in 2-port USB hub, so I'm sure a hard drive will work. I don't know if the hub is powered or not. Flash drives will work though.
By MONSTA Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:22 am
DJ Hellfire wrote:
MONSTA wrote:oh ok i see what your saying . i for got the mpc r had its own out puts .. ok well :D . now i just they make 16 outputs . or have an out put expander . add on for it .. like my asr 10 ... and allso have an usb / fire wire so we can hook up a hard drive .. and ill be so happy .. i dont use my maschine any more cuzz of this .,,,, check out this thread http://www.gearslutz.com/board/rap-hip- ... chine.html

The Ren will have a built in 2-port USB hub, so I'm sure a hard drive will work. I don't know if the hub is powered or not. Flash drives will work though.
that would be dope .. if it could save 2 flash or another type of hard drive .. idk how this would work but . .have a usb output expander with 8 outs . with a daisy chain . for an option for another 8 outs . thats a total of 18 outs .. including the . two outs thats already thier .. but the onlt thing that mattters to me is that raw sound im used two . and i love the way i can filter with my asr10 ..
By DJ Hellfire Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:18 pm
MONSTA wrote:
DJ Hellfire wrote:

that would be dope .. if it could save 2 flash or another type of hard drive .. idk how this would work but . .have a usb output expander with 8 outs . with a daisy chain . for an option for another 8 outs . thats a total of 18 outs .. including the . two outs thats already thier .. but the onlt thing that mattters to me is that raw sound im used two . and i love the way i can filter with my asr10 ..

That would be dope. Don't know how it would work though. It'd be basically like another interface. Would probably be huge too! But yeah, it does kinda suck that they boast about all this 3000 sound, but only give you 2 out's to use it through!
By Lampdog Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:19 am
MONSTA wrote: that would be dope .. if it could save 2 flash or another type of hard drive .. idk how this would work but . .have a usb output expander with 8 outs . with a daisy chain . for an option for another 8 outs . thats a total of 18 outs .. including the . two outs thats already thier .. but the onlt thing that mattters to me is that raw sound im used two . and i love the way i can filter with my asr10 ..

It's a "controller", you want/expect too much from a "controller".