Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.

Have you pre-ordered

7%
93%
By W. Steele Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:37 pm
I'm on the fence about it . I want to get one because I'm pretty sure they're gonna run out of the 1st batch quick but I don't because I've seen talk of features coming in "later versions" which sounds to me like they're gonna do a rush job to get them out.

I'll probably say "fck it" and do it when my income tax check is burning a hole in my pocket though :D .
By MONSTA Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:32 am
BassToTheFace wrote:nope. i might put money down if i can try one out and theres not enough in supply. Even if I don't like it, I'll also check out the Maschine and the mpc 4000 to decide which is right for me
i mite be selling my maschine
By JAH Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:41 am
I don't plan to pre-order...but will have one as soon as it hits the streets :)

MONSTA wrote:
BassToTheFace wrote:nope. i might put money down if i can try one out and theres not enough in supply. Even if I don't like it, I'll also check out the Maschine and the mpc 4000 to decide which is right for me
i mite be selling my maschine

I see the set-up. You will say you are selling Maschine and then buy the MPC Studio. Then you will be back here in the forums telling people how much you love it...and shortly after that, you will be saying how much you hate it and that you are going back to Maschine.

But then again...I have been known to be wrong from time to time. :lol:

And come clean and stop hiding behind a new user name.
By helios Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:18 am
I don't plan to pre-order. While I'm definitely watching these new items, a new MPC just isn't at the top of my list of important or alluring gear, right now. I'm going to get some other stuff first then probably let the new units do a few rounds before deciding. That way I can have a real perspective on if I want one or not and whether it lives up to or not. If I pre-ordered now, it would be purely G.A.S, not necessity and I have both more G.A.S and nessisity for other stuff. If it's great, then later I'm getting one for sure. :D
By roxstar Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:49 pm
If Akai does what I expect (release the first batch with bugs), I'll be purchasing mine off Craigslist a month after its released... at a serious discount! This recession/depression is real! I don't have $1300.00 right now to spend on something that ain't even created!
By goldenxscholars Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:24 am
the prices seem excessive to me but i guess i would just have to play with one and see

honestly though im pretty much done buying new equipment. already satisfied with my current set up.

and actually the mpc studio seems a lot more appealing to me than the ren for some reason. just looks really sleek.
By helios Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:53 am
goldenxscholars wrote:and actually the mpc studio seems a lot more appealing to me than the ren for some reason.

Me too. My reason is that I'm 100% sure that my current converters will sound much better than that of the MPC-R to my ears, which negates at least the audio interface features for me, unless I were to use it for "effect" only. If I go with the Ren it will be because I tried the Studio and decidedly preferred the robustness of the Ren. Otherwise I'm leaning toward the Studio if the software is the same. If or when I decide to get one that is.