Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By BassToTheFace Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:09 am
TagOne wrote:Think they got the pad light idea for the simon says game :lol:

You're at least a week late with that joke :roll:
By Lampdog Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:24 am
:lol: :lol:
By DJ Hellfire Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:53 am
BassToTheFace wrote:

And the funny part is Dan is the one who started the joke, I believe! :lol: :lol: :lol:
ByTagOne Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:17 pm
BassToTheFace wrote:

Whoops :oops:. How silly do I feel :lol:
By cyrus Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:49 am
inthemix wrote:I think the only thing about the lights for me was the choice of colour ( not too cool with the yellow and red get up ). I would of liked to have seen just a whitelight or blueish light option for all pads ... But, getting bent out of shape about this aspect of the unit is just plain ridiculous ! The lights will have pratical uses for those that need them. 8)

exactly. for me, i wish they would just have chosen better colors. but with that said, who knows, in person it might be okay. and i have the same gripe with maschine, i would have prefered blue or something other than orange - I simply don't like orange.

but whatever, its nothing to get upset about, id rather have ugly lights than no lights, its super useful on maschine.
By xparis001 Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:53 am
jpeg wrote:aight whats the beef man some peeps seem to take it as a personal insult the fact the pads have a light up option.

why are u mad? surely u can see the use of the light up pads if someone is playing the ren out live?

if they dont like them they can just turn them off.

they can also group pads by color instead of lighting them by velocity.

so there's that.
By cyrus Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:56 am
Hello!

http://mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3 ... 1#p1430891
xparis001 wrote:also, this thread's way too long to find it, and I'm getting lost, but someone asked if you can turn the pads off. yes. you cna also customize them with 4 colors. like, say you want pads 1,3,5 and 9 to be red, because those are your bass notes, and you want 2, 4 and 10 to be green, you can do that instead of having them light by velocity.

!!!!
By cyrus Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:03 am
xparis001 wrote:
jpeg wrote:aight whats the beef man some peeps seem to take it as a personal insult the fact the pads have a light up option.

why are u mad? surely u can see the use of the light up pads if someone is playing the ren out live?

if they dont like them they can just turn them off.

they can also group pads by color instead of lighting them by velocity.

so there's that.

Dan,

Will there be some kind of "sleep mode" for the controller? That is, if I dont have the software running (basically I'm not making beats) and i have the controller usb still plugged in, will it sleep?

That way if you arent making beats you can leave it plugged in and not worry about:

1.lights/pads/screen dying faster because they are always on
2.screen burn
3.more drainage of power from laptop
4.usb connector on controller wearing out faster
By Coz Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:06 am
I think there's a power switch on the back of the Ren. I don't know about the Studio though?