Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Flux302 Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:09 am
mpc prices have fluctuations over the years and this is just another trigger... to say the 2500 is the only one that will hold value is a silly statement.

it's just a current model. it's price will move up and down too...

I also learned a lesson not to sell my old gear unless I am getting new gear with it and that old gear is REALLY something I don't like anymore... smh how many times have I sold a synth only to want it back a few years later lol.

I do tend to watch the price on those mv8800's though... smh let me see one for 400 and it's mine lol.
By mp3 Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:28 am
Flux302 wrote:to say the 2500 is the only one that will hold value is a silly statement.

I don't think that was what was said.

And I just missed out on an MV8800 for $300 and a MPC4k for $600. Still kicking myself... Heck I'm mister come up tho. I don't buy nothing unless its a super deal. Got a Eventide H3000 D/SX for $150, a Juno 106 for $110, a pair of Numark HDXs for $100 each, M-Audio DSM-1s for $280, an Akai AX-80 for $175, an Akai X7000 with the SXM007-X for $90, and a Vermona DAF-1 for $150. And that's just the past 4-5 months... And I'm prolly forgetting a few things :lol:

As for wifey, nothing hides a new MPC better than a tiny lil Jared box sitting on top of it... :lol: :lol: :lol: Guarantee you she won't even notice.

But seriously, if the bills stay paid and the kids stay fed, then you need to grow a pair and live your life the way you see fit homie. You only get one...
Last edited by mp3 on Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
By mr_debauch Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:31 am
mp3 wrote:
Flux302 wrote:to say the 2500 is the only one that will hold value is a silly statement.

I don't think that was what was said.

And I just missed out on an MV8800 for $300 and a MPC4k for $600. Still kicking myself... Heck I'm mister come up tho. I don't buy nothing unless its a super deal. Got a Eventide H3000 D/SX for $150, a Juno 106 for $110, a pair of Numark HDXs for $100 each, M-Audio DSM-1s for $280, an Akai AX-80 for $175, an Akai X7000 with the SXM007-X for $90, and a Vermona DAF-1 for $150. And that's just the past 4-5 months... And I'm prolly forgetting a few things :lol:

As for wifey, nothing hides a new MPC better than a tiny lil Jared box sitting on top of it... :lol: :lol: :lol: Guarantee you she won't even notice.

But seriously, if the bills stay paid and the kids stay fed, then you need to grow some balls and live your life the way you see fit homie. You only get one...

do you by any chance have a source for quick discs?
By mp3 Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:39 am
Nope my drive is broken and the SXM007-X has batteries so my samples stay in memory when I turn it off. You just missed an auction for an X7000 sound library a couple weeks ago.
By mr_debauch Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:06 am
mp3 wrote:Nope my drive is broken and the SXM007-X has batteries so my samples stay in memory when I turn it off. You just missed an auction for an X7000 sound library a couple weeks ago.

ahh damn, how much did that go for? I dont sample much with the x7000... I like how you can start sampling with a foot pedal though.

I am not in dire need for the QDs but they are little hen's teeth.
By MONSTA Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:34 am
mp3 wrote:Nope my drive is broken and the SXM007-X has batteries so my samples stay in memory when I turn it off. You just missed an auction for an X7000 sound library a couple weeks ago.

NYCE
By mr_debauch Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:37 am
wait, is the SXM007-X is not the same as the ram expansion (mine has that.. but I am now thinking you are talking about something else?)
By mp3 Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:32 pm
There are two different expansions. You probably have the ask-70. I'm not sure how the two expansions relate but I don't think I have both cards inside mine. I'm thinking they're the same in nature and the sxm just has batteries (nd more memory: my unit has 16 samples but it also has 99 program)s. It has EPROM v2.1 installed also.
By mr_debauch Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:13 pm
mp3 wrote:There are two different expansions. You probably have the ask-70. I'm not sure how the two expansions relate but I don't think I have both cards inside mine. I'm thinking they're the same in nature and the sxm just has batteries (nd more memory: my unit has 16 samples but it also has 99 program)s. It has EPROM v2.1 installed also.

yes I have the ask-70 I believe.. that one does the 16 samples, not sure about the programs.. not sure what eproms I have either....

I think it would be either/or for those expansions because I think there is only room for one... the expansion is fairly large.
By b.read Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:06 pm
"boom plop".... :lol: