Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By emptysea Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:39 am
tomc3084 wrote:I know a lot of people will say hey you can just use a timestretch vst, but usually a proper vst with a good timestretch algorithm is not cheap and it isn't the same as being able to do it right in the program. I mean with Kontakt I need to go in to kontakt search for the sample, load it up and timestretch it, the go back in maschine and record the output from Kontakt.

The free Kontakt 5 player functions as demo of the full version for 15 minutes and there are free timestretch plugins. You can just load Kontakt as a plugin inside Maschine and timestretch in realtime. You can quickly drag and drop to bounce internally. No need to go back and forth between programs or record the output from one to the other.
By JAH Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:18 am
tomc3084 wrote:Jahrome, I didn't actually mean anything specific. I just say this because if I remember correctly, the mpc 5000 shipped with advertised features not working, right? I may be wrong, and I am sure you can tell me since you have/had one. Also with the mpc 4000 it shipped without 16 levels implemented correctly and it had its own dedicated button so I don't know how they screwed that one up , LOL.

The MPC 5000 and 4000 shipped with advertised features that had some bugs. There is no denying this. But this isn't isolated to Akai. I can't recall any OS based product that didn't ship with bugs. And I suspect the same will be true with these new MPCs. Success will be measured by how fast Akai fixes any issues that surface.

tomc3084 wrote: There are two things I noticed in the MPC Renaissanse/MPC Studio NAMM Soundandgear.com(Saint Joe) videos that really seem iffy to me at best. These issues are number one a lot of the features the guy did them from the pc and some times knobs moved on the controller did not reflect on the computer. Obviously I know when it is shipped it should be completely controllable for most stuff from the controller but with only a few months from release and they don't have that down yet that scares me. And the other thing that caught my attention is he said he did not have any vst's loaded on his computer. They obviously would have had vst's on there loaded if they were working properly. So once again, at this point in the timeline of the product something like that should be working properly.

What you saw in the videos of the MPC Ren where two protoypes of the hardware and a beta OS...nothing more, nothing less. It was no secret. All the reps clearly stated the product was still in development. Nothing to be alarmed about. If you have concerns, simply don't buy it and let others be the first adopters.

tomc3084 wrote: Really though, I am hoping I am wrong here and it ships with all the features promised correctly implemented because this thing WILL be the best hybrid controller on the market hands down. Even though I have a Maschine......

Akai is working hard to ensure a solid product. The same thing can be said for NI when they were developing Maschine. But as I stated above, I have never seen products such as these ship without bugs.

tomc3084 wrote: I know a lot of people will say hey you can just use a timestretch vst, but usually a proper vst with a good timestretch algorithm is not cheap and it isn't the same as being able to do it right in the program....

Nearly every software and hardware sampler produced in the past decade has had timestretch. It is unacceptable for a sampler not to have this basic function.