Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Rokgod Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:45 am
I know they say we can use it standalone, but I'm sure the best usage is when you're using the computer and the mpc at same time, so I question whether this will slow down workflow, going back and forth between computer and mpc for certain tasks, and besides the many mpc users who are already used to the workflow away from the computer. Here's an example, since the machine runs off the computer, then say I'm searching for a sample, wouldn't that be difficult if I have thousands and thousands of wav files and BS sounds I don't want to have to browse through
By strugglebuggiemusic Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:55 am
For the love of Roger Linn, The RENNY will not be a true standalone :wink: ...But, you have a valid issue. The computer monitor should be used as strictly an editing/naming tool...If you are organized, and stay on top of your game, the the flow will be faster, as you will not have to drag and drop samples to the RENNY and then save it, audition it, assign it to a pad, then forget what the beat/groove/bassline sounds like...
I will be putting a towel over the monitor until its time to edit midi notes and draw velocity curves and such...
So the answer is No.
The Renny will be smoother-and-faster-flow-work-wise...
By tomc3084 Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:35 pm
MONSTA wrote:id rather have a slow work flow .. than a fast work flow . with messed up sound ... not saying the ren will have messed up sound . cuzz i ant herd it .. just sayin .. ya fell me

Sorry bro I don't "fell ya." Speak proper english and learn to type correctly and maybe I can fell ya
By scoobylol Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:42 pm
tomc3084 wrote:
MONSTA wrote:id rather have a slow work flow .. than a fast work flow . with messed up sound ... not saying the ren will have messed up sound . cuzz i ant herd it .. just sayin .. ya fell me

Sorry bro I don't "fell ya." Speak proper english and learn to type correctly and maybe I can fell ya

He's saying workflow isn't that important to him, it's the sound at the end.
By DJ Hellfire Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:49 am
InspectahEX wrote:Here's an example, since the machine runs off the computer, then say I'm searching for a sample, wouldn't that be difficult if I have thousands and thousands of wav files and BS sounds I don't want to have to browse through

Your workflow will not be any slower mousing around thousands of sounds on a computer screen than cursoring through thousands of sounds on a hardware MPC ONE BY ONE! :wink: Even if you preferring cursoring/scrolling through sounds like traditional MPC's, I'm sure you will be able to browse your organized sounds from the MPC controller just as you can with Maschine!

Frankly, if your sounds are BS, you should get rid of them and replace them with good sounds to browse through! IMO!!!!
By dazastah Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:09 pm
DJ Hellfire wrote:Frankly, if your sounds are BS, you should get rid of them and replace them with good sounds to browse through! IMO!!!!
+1

I have like a max of maybe 30 drum one shots i really like and constantly use(on the mpc. on the daw is where i have stupid amounts of shit i don't use).. And have different layer combinations of those for every project.. browsing through thousands and thousands of samples sounds like a mad chore!!! It's how i setup maschine aswell. I rarely use the supplied sample sets..

I'd say no to slower work flow. And assume that faster work flow or more efficient work flow for chore tasks.
I''m pretty sure from the namm vids that they 'said' you can browse computer disks and folders via the controller.. actually better than maschine system where you need to import the directory to library with the mouse/computer before you can browse it on the controller.
By tomc3084 Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:18 am
Urban Fire 1-5 and Goldbaby Vinyl Drum Machines,Sp1200, and Mpc 60, and Driven Machine Drums and you will never need anymore dope drums! LOL. They are awesome though! These are pretty much all I use when I don't use breaks from the crates.