Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By MONSTA Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:19 am
DJ Hellfire wrote:
MONSTA wrote:@ DJ Hellfire FYI if they did use your idea .. ASK THEN IF THEY DID .. SO U CAN GET YA NAME IN THE CREDS THAT WOULD BE DOPE .. ONE DAY U COULD SHOW YA KIDS #just sayin ...

Maybe! But I really don't care enough. I just want the feature. Even still, I have no proof. There's still gearslutz, future producers, and probably a **** load of other forums and blogs where people are requesting the same **** everyday. I really wouldn't have the energy to begin searching to make sure I was the first or only one to make the request! :lol: For all we know, Pete Rock could have really been the one that swayed them into actually including it!

all u have 2 do is ask .. ether they will say yes or no ...
By JAH Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:43 am
MONSTA wrote:
labcoats wrote:I must be about two guys and an alien on the planet who really likes the look of the Ren Far better looking thing than what the op was using. Was that a 500? Just looked lke a communist block of plastic.

In a few years the Ren will look like an ultimate classic machine to have. Mark my words.

The studio is ok, but no tilt screen :roll:

i have one prob .. i could not up date my maschine because .. i have 10.5 on my mac .. the reason i didnt have 10.6 .. is i had 2 backup every thing on my mac .. so now i have lion and .. im good ... so what happens when people like me still use a m box .. and protools .. /avid dose not support it .. like its hard 2 find drivers for it .. ect .. my point is .. how can mpc ren become a classic mpc .. if its not stand alone ??? comp change every 6 months ... dj hell fire .. even had 2 find out about the ipad the new one would be compatible and it and out yet .. i mean ,, if u have thee i pad mpc ren what ever the name of it is .. imagine on a plane with a old as .. i pad cuzz the . new one wont fit lol.. or u have 2 buy a new one every year ?? .. one more thing ,, my point is i want it stand alone .. so i would be able 2 use it 20 years from now .. like the sp 1200 and the mpc 3000 .. .. maybe im wrong ...

I do think about long term support and whether The MPC Ren will work on future computers. Its the same concern I have with Maschine.

20 years from now, I will be using the Akai MPC Armageddon....... :D
By JAH Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:08 am
MONSTA wrote:@jah smh lol

I can't wait for the MPC Arm. :mrgreen:
By Coz Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:26 am
I think I was the first person to properly kick off about lack of waveform editing on here... days before Hellfire's thread anyway.

I made a post about 20 seconds after watching Saint Joe's vid where the info was revealed because I was pissed off about it! Either way, it's not worth throwing a party because basic functions are being put back in. It's good 'they' responded to feedback if nothing else though. 8)
By JAH Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:39 am
I'm not not jumping for joy (for myself) as I couldn't care less if they added hardware waveform editing to the LCD screen. I standby that I will never look at that when I have a beautiful wide screen 24 inch monitor to look at.

But it is good that there is one thing less people will b!tch about. But I am sure there will be more.....
By Coz Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:32 am
I still maintain it would be a complete pain in the arse to trim samples or chop without waveform editing on the controller, but thankfully it's been addressed. The computer monitor will come into its own with various other operations.
By moyphee Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:39 pm
JAH wrote:
As far a credit...several forum members were beta testers for the MPC 5000 OS 2.0. Their names are listed in the MPC 5000 Team page.

To be fair those guys aren't just forum members. Andy and Eric both work for Akai/ Numark. Paul is PM at loopmasters.com and are content providers for Akai. That list isn't made up of end user forum members they have an affiliation with the company.

I hope they put as much effort into the Studio. That units needs to be every bit as robust as the Ren being at the same pricepoint as Maschine. I cant see how it wouldn't also have graphic editing if it's on the Ren.
Last edited by moyphee on Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By JAH Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:31 pm
Coz wrote:I still maintain it would be a complete pain in the arse to trim samples or chop without waveform editing on the controller, but thankfully it's been addressed. The computer monitor will come into its own with various other operations.

I am speaking for me and me alone.....

When you program on the MPC Ren using your computer monitor, you get full screen access to ALL program parameters. I see no reason for me to have to use the F1-F6 keys on the hardware to navigate through these same parameters. The old method of sequence editing on the hardware involved setting edit ranges, trying to figure out exacctly what you want to edit, selecting the corresponding notes/pads, ect. etc. Now you have full screen view of your sequencer where you can cut, copy, and paste like a typical DAW. There is now way that I will forgo full screen editing to stare at waveform barely a few inches wide.
By Coz Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:44 pm
^^^ Sounds like you're going to be using the mouse a lot, plus looking at the controller, then the monitor, then the controller, then the monitor...

That's not a fluid working method for me.

Do you ignore the onboard waveform display with Maschine the same way as you're planning to with the Ren?
By DJ Hellfire Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:48 pm
Coz wrote:Do you ignore the onboard waveform display with Maschine the same way as you're planning to with the Ren?

I do, but only because the waveform on the Maschine is not as precise as it is on the computer screen. Waveforms on the MPC screen are very precise in comparison. Hope it's the same with Ren!
By Ill-Green Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:57 pm
The waveform better be on the controller if they expect this to be a future MPC. If they didn't, I would travel to the UK just to shoot Andy in the face.
By Luigi Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:38 pm
I tought u made music with your ears, not ur eyes.
By DJ Hellfire Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:56 pm
Luigi wrote:I tought u made music with your ears, not ur eyes.

Who gives a ****? Why would you not want something that could help you? :roll:

**** always wanna be cool "oh I don't need a waveform, I can chop by ear"! Man shut the **** up! :roll: Go use your **** MPC 3000 then!
By scoobylol Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:04 pm
DJ Hellfire wrote:
Luigi wrote:I tought u made music with your ears, not ur eyes.

Who gives a ****? Why would you not want something that could help you? :roll:

**** always wanna be cool "oh I don't need a waveform, I can chop by ear"! Man shut the **** up! :roll: Go use your **** MPC 3000 then!

Amen. Who doesn't want an aesthetically pleasing product? As long as that in itself doesn't become the sole reason for choosing it, at least with music products, then it's all good.

Personally I think the Ren looks the best of the three. They've captured the styling of the older units nicely. My only gripe is the pads, which look tacky as f*ck.