Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By MONSTA Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:51 pm
DJ Hellfire wrote:
Luigi wrote:I tought u made music with your ears, not ur eyes.

Who gives a ****? Why would you not want something that could help you? :roll:

**** always wanna be cool "oh I don't need a waveform, I can chop by ear"! Man shut the **** up! :roll: Go use your **** MPC 3000 then!

LOL WERE DAT COME FROM LOL ...
By MONSTA Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:54 pm
moyphee wrote:
JAH wrote:
As far a credit...several forum members were beta testers for the MPC 5000 OS 2.0. Their names are listed in the MPC 5000 Team page.

To be fair those guys aren't just forum members. Andy and Eric both work for Akai/ Numark. Paul is PM at loopmasters.com and are content providers for Akai. That list isn't made up of end user forum members they have an affiliation with the company.

I hope they put as much effort into the Studio. That units needs to be every bit as robust as the Ren being at the same pricepoint as Maschine. I cant see how it wouldn't also have graphic editing if it's on the Ren.

WOW SO THEY COME HERE AND TAKE EVERYONES IDEAS .. AND MAKE $100000000 . AND ACT LIKE THEY DONT SEE YOU IN THE FORUMS .. THEN DONT EVEN SAY TANK YOU IS WHAT U SAYIN AHAHAHAHAHA ....
By JAH Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:29 pm
Coz wrote:^^^ Sounds like you're going to be using the mouse a lot, plus looking at the controller, then the monitor, then the controller, then the monitor...

That's not a fluid working method for me.

Do you ignore the onboard waveform display with Maschine the same way as you're planning to with the Ren?

I never look at Maschine's LCD. What is the point when you have a huge monitor. When I bought the MV-8000, I installed the VGA option. I disabled my MV-8000 LCD as it was no longer needed. No MV user I am aware of that has a VGA option is wasting their time looking at the MVs LCD. The Ren will be much the same.

moyphee wrote:
JAH wrote:
As far a credit...several forum members were beta testers for the MPC 5000 OS 2.0. Their names are listed in the MPC 5000 Team page.

To be fair those guys aren't just forum members. Andy and Eric both work for Akai/ Numark. Paul is PM at loopmasters.com and are content providers for Akai. That list isn't made up of end user forum members they have an affiliation with the company.

There are numerous names listed in the MPC 5000 Team Page. You do not know everybody on that list...and I seriously doubt you have ever met anyone on that list. Multiple forum members that are not employed by Numark/Akai are listed. They used their own personal time to test the software and make Akai aware of MPC users wants/needs. If you go back and read older MPC 5000 threads, you can find out who they are. There would have actually been more listed but several forum members dropped out of testing.

MONSTA wrote:WOW SO THEY COME HERE AND TAKE EVERYONES IDEAS .. AND MAKE $100000000 . AND ACT LIKE THEY DONT SEE YOU IN THE FORUMS .. THEN DONT EVEN SAY TANK YOU IS WHAT U SAYIN AHAHAHAHAHA ....

So how did you come up with this conclusion? Its sounds really silly. There is no other Forum on the internet dedicated to a musical product that users will create numerous feature request threads and then demand payment or recognition for their ideas......that were not so original in the first place.

To wrap this up, numerous companies open up their products to selected users to beta test. Some companies have public beta testing as well. I just put my name on the Korg Kronos beta testing list. I hope I get picked up because I want to ensure that Kronos works flawlessly in the MPC Ren. These two products will be the centerpieces of my preproduction set-up.
By DJ Hellfire Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:40 pm
MONSTA wrote:
DJ Hellfire wrote:
Luigi wrote:I tought u made music with your ears, not ur eyes.

Who gives a ****? Why would you not want something that could help you? :roll:

**** always wanna be cool "oh I don't need a waveform, I can chop by ear"! Man shut the **** up! :roll: Go use your **** MPC 3000 then!

LOL WERE DAT COME FROM LOL ...

It's just getting mad old for dudes to be acting like they too good for the simple things that makes life easier. I swear if it was up to some of these dudes, our cars would still be on wagon wheels and shit and have crank starters! :lol: Dudes be taking that vintage shit too far!
By BassToTheFace Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:45 pm
lmao @ monsta. you have to be the one of the very few foolish enough to get pissed off at a company listening to their consumers and doing what they want. 'THEYRE MAKING MILLIONS AND NOT EVEN GIVING US CREDIT OR PAYMENT! BLAHBLAH' You really make me laugh man, do you act like this in real life? or are you just playing into a character on an internet forum?
By JAH Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:47 pm
DJ Hellfire wrote: Dudes be taking that vintage **** too far!

Co-sign
By MONSTA Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:59 pm
BassToTheFace wrote:lmao @ monsta. you have to be the one of the very few foolish enough to get pissed off at a company listening to their consumers and doing what they want. 'THEYRE MAKING MILLIONS AND NOT EVEN GIVING US CREDIT OR PAYMENT! BLAHBLAH' You really make me laugh man, do you act like this in real life? or are you just playing into a character on an internet forum?

whos pissed off im kiddin mane .. what u didnt see the ahahahahahahahaha .. i think u mad .. i didnt give any ideas so why would i be pissed ???? im mad that u think im mad .. lol.. WHAT U WANA BATTLE ???? LOL LETS GO ALL YALLL LOL
By moyphee Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:45 am
JAH wrote:
There are numerous names listed in the MPC 5000 Team Page.......

Yeah sure man. :|

Anyway , I'm trying to figure out what the Andy is talking about when he says the Ren is going to have the exact same pads as the MPC3000. The 3000's pads are solid and made of different composite ,let alone the light show. Does anybody have any confirming info or are they just making stuff up on the fly. Something doesn't quite pan out here.
By JAH Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:02 am
moyphee wrote:
I disabled my MV-8000 LCD as it was no longer needed.

bvllsh!t.

Its very easy to do. Once your VGA is card is installed and you have a monitor, the MV 8000s LCD is no longer needed. You just have to remove a few screws to gain access to the LCD. You only have to disengage one connecter..done. If you actually owned an MV, you can try it yourself.

So stop spreading your lies.....

moyphee wrote:
JAH wrote:
There are numerous names listed in the MPC 5000 Team Page.......

Yeah sure man. :|

Anyway , I'm trying to figure out what the Andy is talking about when he says the Ren is going to have the exact same pads as the MPC3000. The 3000's pads are solid and made of different composite ,let alone the light show. Does anybody have any confirming info or are they just making stuff up on the fly. Something doesn't quite pan out here.

There probably are people here that can confirm...but I suspect they won't be talking to you. :lol:
By moyphee Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:19 am
You didn't cripple the mv's LCD because of the VGA option and nobody believes you did. That's complete bvlls!it. You've tried to pivot from this in the past and the fact is that you've already been busted as not being an owner. If you don't have the LCD you can't view the pad assignments while working. You also can't update the firmware with the LCD disabled in addition to not being able to go to VGA automatically if there is a HD disk or CD/DVD drive error. Your story doesn't fly. Don't delve into dead arguments to distract. It's not necessary.
By JAH Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:39 am
I never once lied about something I didn't own. What would be the purpose? Search "Jahrome" on eBay. You may find it in the hundreds of items I sold on eBay over the years.

.....and grow up.

PS - found it. Item# 7315074375 Roland MV-8000 w/ VGA expansion board / MPC alternative. Listing End date Apr-14-05. Sold to batheremix. Dude tried to get me send him my VGA monitor because it was shown in the pics of my auction. I clearly wrote in the decription that the monitor is not included. He wouldn't leave me feedback. I can forward you my email from him if you like Sherlock. :lol:
Last edited by JAH on Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Coz Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:03 am
JAH wrote:I never look at Maschine's LCD. What is the point when you have a huge monitor. When I bought the MV-8000, I installed the VGA option. I disabled my MV-8000 LCD as it was no longer needed. No MV user I am aware of that has a VGA option is wasting their time looking at the MVs LCD. The Ren will be much the same.

So in an ideal world Akai could remove the LCD completely and it wouldn't affect your workflow?

I personally like having two hands on the MP with the focus on the machine, so it's good that's still achievable with the Ren/Studio. The best of both worlds is what most of us are looking for.
By JAH Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:41 am
Coz wrote:
JAH wrote:I never look at Maschine's LCD. What is the point when you have a huge monitor. When I bought the MV-8000, I installed the VGA option. I disabled my MV-8000 LCD as it was no longer needed. No MV user I am aware of that has a VGA option is wasting their time looking at the MVs LCD. The Ren will be much the same.

So in an ideal world Akai could remove the LCD completely and it wouldn't affect your workflow?

I personally like having two hands on the MP with the focus on the machine, so it's good that's still achievable with the Ren/Studio. The best of both worlds is what most of us are looking for.

It is ideal to have both as you have some people (mostly in internet forums only) that hate the idea of using a computer for music for some odd reason.

Idealing, a user should be able to turn off his monitor and forget that the MPC Ren is actually connected to a computer. Or....lay the MPC Ren's LCD flat (and never have to look at it) and just use the monitor.

I see the MPC Ren as taking the MPC/MV/Machine concept to the next level.
By moyphee Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:25 pm
Item# 7315074375 Roland MV-8000 w/ VGA expansion board / MPC alternative. Listing End date Apr-14-05.

The info didn't check out but it doesn't matter. I ain't mad at you for selling a ishload of MPCs. It still stands that what you wrote doesn't make any practical sense. Let's just leave it there.