Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By sopre Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:08 pm
I pretty much feel I have what I need. I dont know if I feel confident as far NI with maschine anymore as a future flagship. It seems they put all this time into traktor. At least it feels that way.

But my question is do I preorder the renaissance now? Or wait until it comes out and continue to use maschine until then? What would you do? Thx
By strugglebuggiemusic Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:16 pm
Pre-ordering is like paying taxes by not claiming any deductions throughout the year, and then getting all happy when you get yer money back in the form of a nice, big refund...
Its silly to give a company yer money to get something thats not even finished>>>unless you are a super HOT producer that has already sold tracks, and have a waiting list for more material, and you want to keep up/outpace the competition...
If you have used a MPC 3000 or 2000/2000xl, which looks like what this joints "basic" architecture/philosophy is gunna be based on, AND youre choking on major BREAD, then GFI...
By BassToTheFace Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:15 pm
Are you selling your maschine to pay for it? If so, and you have nothing else to use then wait until it comes out. If you dont have to sell the maschine and know you'll buy it when it comes out, it doesn't matter either way.
By DJ Hellfire Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:08 am
strugglebuggiemusic wrote:Pre-ordering is like paying taxes by not claiming any deductions throughout the year, and then getting all happy when you get yer money back in the form of a nice, big refund...
Its silly to give a company yer money to get something thats not even finished>>>unless you are a super HOT producer that has already sold tracks, and have a waiting list for more material, and you want to keep up/outpace the competition...
If you have used a MPC 3000 or 2000/2000xl, which looks like what this joints "basic" architecture/philosophy is gunna be based on, AND youre choking on major BREAD, then GFI...

Not really true at all! Pre-ordering can guarantee you'll have the product on launch day and not have to wait for later shipments! I personally ain't pre ordering until there is an exact release date! **** around and pre order now and the shit get's pushed back 6 months! :lol:
By dazastah Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:18 am
Pre ordering isn't smart for you or anybody in terms of knowing what you are getting .

There is no user status on what and how it behaves in a real situation as everything we have seen about the product has either been talked about or shown briefly... So you would be banking on the features that akai claim to release in their product.. The same thing happened with maschine as well.

The smart thing to do would be to wait, and see what other's encounter with product.. And to see what the after sale support is like.

Still use maschine until you can make a educated bet on the new line of mpcs..

That being said, i doubt that akai will fall short in terms of feature set. I just want it to work clean and snappy.
By JAH Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:05 am
I don't know where you guys shop at.....but preordering is the best thing to do unless you have great connections at a retailer. (like me...Korg Kronos serial #0031 :P ).

Preordering ensures you get your product in a timely manner...and no money exchanges hands until the unit actually ships. You can cancel your preorder anytime.

Waiting to hear user reviews is a waste of time. You can do what they are doing. Buy it..review it...and if you don't like it, return it for a refund.
By moyphee Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:41 am
Its silly to give a company yer money to get something thats not even finished

Absolutely! You can sit on your money as well as any music store. It's not like there's going to be a mad rush and nobody is going to have it. It's not a high end boutique unit. Giving someone $1300 with no idea of what your actually getting or when you'll actually get it is asinine pure and simple.
By JAH Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:07 am
moyphee wrote:
Its silly to give a company yer money to get something thats not even finished

Absolutely! You can sit on your money as well as any music store. It's not like there's going to be a mad rush and nobody is going to have it. It's not a high end boutique unit. Giving someone $1300 with no idea of what your actually getting or when you'll actually get it is asinine pure and simple.

Why to you insist on misleading people? No money exchanges hands on a preorder....
www.sweetwater.com
When will my credit card be charged?
Sweetwater does not charge you in advance for orders that are not in stock and ready to ship. In the event that your order must be split (i.e., one item is in stock and one is backordered) we only charge for the part that is shipped. Once the balance of your order is ready to ship we will apply charges for that. One important thing to note here is that every order at Sweetwater is reviewed and attended to by a highly-trained Sweetwater employee before your credit card is charged to make sure that each and every order receives the personal attention it deserves.

www.americanmusical.com
5 Easy Payments
If your order is between $995.95 and $3000, your credit card will be billed in 5 equal payments, every 31 days, starting on the day your order is shipped.

Disclaimer - since this new MPC contains software, I am sure there may be some restrictions on returns. Typically, opened software can only be exchanged for an indentical product.
By moyphee Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:13 am
Whether you're billed now or not committing to a sale on any product that is unfinished and no delivery date is still asinine. I said it and I stand by it.

To the original question: The latest video hast the rep saying that the Ren will have the same exact pads as the 3000 at release. That means the pads on the final version won't light up or they're making ish up. Know what you're getting before committing to anything.
Last edited by moyphee on Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
By JAH Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:21 am
moyphee wrote:Whether you're billed now or not committing to a sale on any product that is unfinished and no delivery date is still asinine. I said it and I stand by it.

Its not whether you're billed or not.....You are not billed for anything until it ships..period. You are not committed to anything as you can cancel your order or if it does ship, simply return it for a full refund.

Pre-order is just that...a pre-order so you can reserve a unit.

www.sweetwater.com
Akai expects to begin shipping the new MPC Renaissance in late summer 2012, but you can reserve yours from our first shipment by placing a pre-order with us now. Simply contact your Sweetwater Sales Engineer or request more information by clicking the button on this page. NOTE: The MPC Renaissance will undoubtedly be in high demand, so be sure to place your pre-order as early as possible.
By DJ Hellfire Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:51 pm
dazastah wrote:Pre ordering isn't smart for you or anybody in terms of knowing what you are getting .

There is no user status on what and how it behaves in a real situation as everything we have seen about the product has either been talked about or shown briefly... So you would be banking on the features that akai claim to release in their product.. The same thing happened with maschine as well.

The smart thing to do would be to wait, and see what other's encounter with product.. And to see what the after sale support is like.

Still use maschine until you can make a educated bet on the new line of mpcs..

That being said, i doubt that akai will fall short in terms of feature set. I just want it to work clean and snappy.

This way of thinking is senseless to me. If everyone followed this advice there would be no first users to see how the product behaves. Some one has to adopt early. Those that wish to adopt early would be wise to pre-order to guarantee getting one.
By DJ Hellfire Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:01 pm
moyphee wrote:Whether you're billed now or not committing to a sale on any product that is unfinished and no delivery date is still asinine. I said it and I stand by it.

To the original question: The latest video hast the rep saying that the Ren will have the same exact pads as the 3000 at release. That means the pads on the final version won't light up or they're making ish up. Know what you're getting before committing to anything.

C'mon son. You're being ridiculous. You know wtf you're getting. All the info and videos make it pretty clear. It's not like when you actually get the product it's gonna be pink with 3 pads and a 2" LCD screen. And by the time a release date is set, the product will be finalized in which you will know exactly what's included. And are you really not gonna buy the thing if they decide not to go with light up pads?! If you don't like it, no big deal as your card still hasn't been charged and you can cancel your pre-order. Some of you guys make up the stupidest scenarios and complaints I've ever seen! :lol:

You're not committed to anything until its in stock and ships. And even still, you're not committed to keeping the purchase until you register the software. So relax!
By Ill-Green Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:40 am
You can preorder without worry, its just putting your name on the list so when it does release, you're guaranteed a unit. I preordered many times and the only time they charge my credit card is when its officially released.

So go ahead, pull the trigger :D
By dazastah Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:21 am
How about try it in the shop.. Review it for yourself then buy it.....

DJ Hellfire wrote:This way of thinking is senseless to me. If everyone followed this advice there would be no first users to see how the product behaves. Some one has to adopt early. Those that wish to adopt early would be wise to pre-order to guarantee getting one.

I guess i i'm referring to op as he already has maschine and was wanting more confidence in the product vs keeping/ditching maschine. It would be smarter to wait(In terms of knowing how it behaves,feels and how stable it is for you), in the same instance of maschine, some users bought in early and were disappointed. sold it missed out on the updated features of maschine which if they would've waited they mite have kept their product.
I think the these mpcs will be great.. and will be greater after some updates to.

I guess it's not smarter, but maybe safer to really know what your paying for.

But Smarter if you want it as soon as it's released.
By strugglebuggiemusic Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:37 am
My name is Elmer J. Fudd, Millionaire, I own a mansion, and a yacht...
I also am the Proud owner of a Platinum-Plated-Pied-Piper-Private-Player-Party Akai MPC RENNY with mother of Pearl P-Link encoders, Precious Jade and Ruby transport controls and handmade crystal display...
I Pre-ordered mine by going forward in time to the year 2018, and "aPPropriated" Kanye Wests unit from his hotel room while he was secretly in London, being initiated into the 32nd degree level of the Masons...
Money is no object to me...I also have a considerate amount of obscene Power, and all of you that DO NOT run out and Pre-order the new MPC RENNY, I will use my TIME MACHINE to go back into the Past, and make sure your Parents never met...(GHOULISH LAFF-TER) :twisted: Pre! :twisted: Pre! :twisted: Pre!