Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By hjolkie Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:31 pm
I predict that my Studio will lie in the corner within a year. There´s no avoiding the fact that lots of potential costumers have not intention whatsoever of using the hardware. There´s, therefore, every indication that Akai will offer the software as stand-alone DAW at some point. That´s assuming it runs smoothly, of course.
By MeSoHordey Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:44 pm
I couldn't disagree more, and I'm certainly no REN fanboy. This is the case where either the hardware or software is nothing it's own, but together provide an experience you cannot get with any competitive product. Given that, I'm still staying with my stand-alone units.
By xparis001 Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:46 pm
I'm cautious to respond to you, as the last time didnt go so productively, but...

As of now, we dont intend on selling the software separately from the controller. The controller, is actually necessary for the software to run. The reason is of how tightly they are going to be integrated.

We wanted the latency to be as minimal out of the box as possible, so the software and hardware work together to make sure everything is as tight and accurate as possible.

yes, you can use other midi controllers, and yes, you can use other sound cards, with the MPC software, but the hardware needs to be connected for the software to work.

this is i believe contrary to what I said before about the software running without the mpc hardware. it was our intention, but when faced with a question of integration, and how tightly the two could work together, we decided the workflow, and the performance was more important.

I think once you try the mpc studio, you'll see how it's more than "just a controller". Its integration with the host will be the tightest available, as far as I know.

I'd love to keep this conversation civil with you. I know you're an MV8800 fan, and no hate to you on that. you like what you like, and it's cool, but my goal here is to gather as much feedback as I can to make the best product I can. If your crioticism help with that, then great. :mrgreen:
By gertie Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:49 pm
go on, admit it xparis...you went for this solution so you wouldnt loose as much revenue due to people just using the pirated software :D
By xparis001 Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:54 pm
gertie wrote:go on, admit it xparis...you went for this solution so you wouldnt loose as much revenue due to people just using the pirated software :D

The hardware acting as a dongle wasnt the reason behind this. it's an advantage from a business standpoint, yes, sure. Piracy is a reality, and everything gets cracked, dongle or not. if 10% of the pirates like the product enough to buy the hardware to go with it, it's still a plus for us. That's how I look at it anyway.
By xparis001 Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:55 pm
and Gertie, I may have mentioned this before, you wow your avatar is creep-tastic. :shock:
By b-righteous Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:01 pm
It would be stupid of them business wise to sell it separate even if it was possible. No point even asking for something you know won't happen. Think the hardware is a big part of what it is anyway. I always laugh at folks who use cracked Maschines with no hardware. Not the same experience at all.
By Lampdog Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:40 pm
b-righteous wrote:Think the hardware is a big part of what it is anyway.

+1
By sparq Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:55 pm
gertie wrote:go on, admit it xparis...you went for this solution so you wouldnt loose as much revenue due to people just using the pirated software :D

Admit it??? What's wrong with that?
By gertie Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:57 pm
nothing wrong with it at all :D

all good man, stop trying to pick fights....didnt you read lampdogs post :lol:
By Lampdog Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:01 pm
gertie wrote:nothing wrong with it at all :D

all good man, stop trying to pick fights....didnt you read lampdogs post :lol:

:lol:
By hjolkie Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:32 pm
> I'm cautious to respond to you, as the last time didnt go so productively

I forgot about it. :wink:

> yes, you can use other midi controllers, and yes, you can use other sound cards,
> with the MPC software, but the hardware needs to be connected for the software to
> work.

Sorry, but that doesn´t make sense at all! Don´t take this the wrong way. I´m totally willing to pay up to 1,200 bucks for a decent, reliable MPC software. I always dreamed about it. But I fail to see why I have to use more than my Roland/Cakewalk A300Pro controller-wise.
By DJ Hellfire Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:40 pm
hjolkie wrote:I predict that my Studio will lie in the corner within a year. There´s no avoiding the fact that lots of potential costumers have not intention whatsoever of using the hardware. There´s, therefore, every indication that Akai will offer the software as stand-alone DAW at some point. That´s assuming it runs smoothly, of course.

Do you know how dumb you sound? Why the hell would you not want to use the hardware? What, are you gonna click your notes in with a mouse? Go away! :roll:
By DJ Hellfire Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:43 pm
hjolkie wrote:Sorry, but that doesn´t make sense at all! Don´t take this the wrong way. I´m totally willing to pay up to 1,200 bucks for a decent, reliable MPC software. I always dreamed about it. But I fail to see why I have to use more than my Roland/Cakewalk A300Pro controller-wise.

Are you serious? You really think your current gear will integrate better than a DEDICATED piece of hardware??? :shock: