Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Rokgod Thu May 10, 2012 5:45 am
Ok, I see akai has developers on here discussing the Ren now, can you guys tell us what are all the pad light colors that will be available in the stock version of the Ren?

So far I see green, yellow, and red(kind of looks pink to me in some vids) but its cool I guess since the Ren seems beastly powerful now.

Ok, elaborating on the previous question:

Can we specify what colors we want for each pad?

Can we specify for say, what color indicates high velocity, and what color indicates low velocity? Or is it preset? Unchangeable?

Just wondering, if there's a chance we might have the options of maybe blue, white, orange, purple.

Will we have the option to just plain turn off the back lit pads altogether? Don't see why anyone would but I haven't seen this discussed.

what options do we have as far as programming the lights behind the pads? Can we program the backlights the way we want?
By Ill-Green Thu May 10, 2012 7:21 am
From what I know, colors will be red, yellow, green and orange and they can be customized for your preference. They can be on at all times with the colors you like, you can have them for certain sounds like a program of kicks can be green and a program of snares can be red, they can light up to the rhythm of a sequence, or you can completely turn them off. There's a lot of other stuff to do with the lights, just have to wait until launch day to find out. I wish they included blue, people might get confused with red and orange.
By Rokgod Fri May 11, 2012 7:21 am
Ill-Green wrote:From what I know, colors will be red, yellow, green and orange and they can be customized for your preference. They can be on at all times with the colors you like, you can have them for certain sounds like a program of kicks can be green and a program of snares can be red, they can light up to the rhythm of a sequence, or you can completely turn them off. There's a lot of other stuff to do with the lights, just have to wait until launch day to find out. I wish they included blue, people might get confused with red and orange.

are you sure? where did you get this specific info?
By Ill-Green Fri May 11, 2012 10:38 am
InspectahEX wrote:
Ill-Green wrote:From what I know, colors will be red, yellow, green and orange and they can be customized for your preference. They can be on at all times with the colors you like, you can have them for certain sounds like a program of kicks can be green and a program of snares can be red, they can light up to the rhythm of a sequence, or you can completely turn them off. There's a lot of other stuff to do with the lights, just have to wait until launch day to find out. I wish they included blue, people might get confused with red and orange.

are you sure? where did you get this specific info?

The Andy Mac thread Dumbo.
By JAH Tue May 29, 2012 6:54 am
InspectahEX wrote:never mind, i found it, and wow did that thread get stupid at the end, it's a shame how we had akai developers on here actually answering our questions and because of 2 or 3 immature people it got closed and andy and dan never came back

+1
By mcroepster Tue May 29, 2012 5:21 pm
InspectahEX wrote:never mind, i found it, and wow did that thread get stupid at the end, it's a shame how we had akai developers on here actually answering our questions and because of 2 or 3 immature people it got closed and andy and dan never came back

Yep, one **** is now gone... a few are still lurking around.

Peace
By JAH Wed May 30, 2012 10:23 am
The #1 Forum dedicated to MPCs...but also where the largest group of MPC haters dwell. :?