Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.

Which has a cooler design/look?

33%
36%
31%
By JAH Thu May 10, 2012 7:04 am
I voted they both look cool. But I like black MPCs. However, I prefer the finish of the MPC 3000LE which doesn't collect finger prints like the MPC 5000/2500.

If I were kang for a day, I would have also went with a slightly larger LCD like the MPC 4000 and 5000.
By sally Thu May 10, 2012 8:31 am
InspectahEX wrote:What's your opinion? For me it's hard to say cus I REALLY like the dark black style of the 1000/2500/5000 but the Ren has the old school buttons, backlit pads, arm rest etc.. Just wondering what everyone thinks.

no color for increased functionality and efficiency.

By iB-BOY! Thu May 10, 2012 9:34 am
MPC 5000 hands down, if it would be build like a square even better, i don't like any unnecessary design attempts on studio devices in general.

The Ren...

The big red Akai professional logo in the top left corner is too big, just looks toyish and unprofessional. It should be kept decent.

The overdesigned plastic sidepanels ( appearently ), and the backlighted knobs and pads, a major bummer too. Just don't understand why Akai doesn't keep it simple there. Just keep the design of the 60 (I) all the way, no design experiments except for layout stuff, save the cost for designers and invest it in the general quality of parts. Only toys want to use toys...
By JAH Thu May 10, 2012 9:58 am
iB-BOY! wrote:MPC 5000 hands down, if it would be build like a square even better, i don't like any unnecessary design attempts on studio devices in general.

The Ren...

The big red Akai professional logo in the top left corner is too big, just looks toyish and unprofessional. It should be kept decent.

The overdesigned plastic sidepanels ( appearently ), and the backlighted knobs and pads, a major bummer too. Just don't understand why Akai doesn't keep it simple there. Just keep the design of the 60 (I) all the way, no design experiments except for layout stuff, save the cost for designers and invest it in the general quality of parts. Only toys want to use toys...

Looks good to me.

I would like Akai to show the MPC Ren side-by-side with other MPCs to get a better idea of how it looks. The forum members that have seen the Ren up close have been impressed with its build.
By iB-BOY! Thu May 10, 2012 11:29 am
http://www.dj-corner.de/data/news/2012-03-29_3.jpg

Like i said, the sidepanels and the logo are unnecessary toyish. With a small Akai logo and wooden sidepanels, or straight sidepanels in the color skeme of the hand rest, for example like the 60, it would appear much more desireable and professional. Period.

The Elektron Maschinedrum is todays standard in build quality for "drum computers", not the Maschine, the Maschine is a shame in build quality considering that it comes from a german company.
By JAH Thu May 10, 2012 9:08 pm
...and like I said :P....it looks amazing to me. It will be the center piece of my studio. I can't wait to display pics of my redesigned studio......

Another shout out to Akai for bringing a product like this to life...I have been waiting a long time for. Of course everyone doesn't share my excitement. But I wish those the best of luck finding a product that is as beautiful and exciting as the MPC Ren.
By sally Thu May 10, 2012 9:21 pm
JAH wrote:Image
...and It will be the left piece of my studio.

Se olvido de mostrar a la derecha, la foto del computador...
By sally Thu May 10, 2012 9:42 pm
The forum members that have seen the Ren...

Espero no sea necesario abrir un nuevo hilo simplemente pera ello, pero:
Podrian listar aqui mismo, quienes son estos miembros please ???