Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By W. Steele Thu May 17, 2012 3:52 pm
**** wrote:
W. Steele wrote:while Akai is going hard on their software for the new MP controllers

:lol:

this company is so whack they even need third party programmers to make their faulty products reliable (on the software side).

8)

Outsourcing or not, you gotta give 'em a A for effort .
By W. Steele Thu May 17, 2012 4:05 pm
**** wrote:outsourcing?

jj wasn´t sourced out. seems you don´t know the story behind the jjos.

shame on ya

What's the name of this section ? . . . oh yeah, this is the Ren / Studio section . So why are you bringing 1K and 2500 sh!t into it ? I do understand some of the significance since they're building on things he did w/ their products that they didn't think of w/ the new products so you get a point there .
By JAH Thu May 17, 2012 9:00 pm
W. Steele wrote:I'm patiently waiting for Maschine 2.0 to start a debate over the 2 8) . The Ren is gonna come out strong but w/ NI's more experienced software development team I believe when they drop 2.0 it's gonna be banana's . Probably why it's taking so fcking long and they probably want to get their hands on a Ren and dissect it before making a power move to cover all angles :lol: .

But . . . NI could lose steam w/ the "jack of all trades, master of none" theory w/ so many products while Akai is going hard on their software for the new MPC's and that's it . Time will tell .

Looking forward to Maschine 2.0 if NI will deliver such a product. But then again...as soon as Akai releases OS1 of the Ren...we will be in the forum talking about OS 1.5 for it.

emptysea wrote:It's funny that Akai made the Rennaissance into a dongle so that the software won't even run at all unless the controller is attached. Quite a desperate and shortsighted move.

Desperate and shotsighted? Really? Nuendo/Cubase, Pro Tools, Reason, and too many software VST instruments to count all require dongles to operate.

Personally, I don't ever plan on using Maschine without its hardware (which is required to initially authorize it). I don't see a good reason to use the Ren/Studio's software without their respective controller.

W. Steele wrote:
**** wrote:outsourcing?

jj wasn´t sourced out. seems you don´t know the story behind the jjos.

shame on ya

What's the name of this section ? . . . oh yeah, this is the Ren / Studio section . So why are you bringing 1K and 2500 sh!t into it ?

Good questions.
By dryad-66 Thu May 17, 2012 9:15 pm
Personally, I don't ever plan on using Maschine without its hardware (which is required to initially authorize it). I don't see a good reason to use the Ren/Studio's software without their respective controller.

How nice for you.BUT imagine if you could not use you gear because of some company control feature which benefits them.We pay for the damn gear and we want to use it how and where we like.Right?Like a MPC (remember the freedom?of just turning the whole thing on without looking over your shoulder lol).Yhis stuff your defending gets stupider by the minute.I gotta have another beer now.Excuse me......
edit-Real ale btw ]
By JAH Thu May 17, 2012 9:28 pm
dryad-66 wrote:

How nice for you.BUT imagine if you could not use you gear because of some company control feature which benefits them.We pay for the damn gear and we want to use it how and where we like.Right?Like a MPC (remember the freedom?of just turning the whole thing on without looking over your shoulder lol).Yhis stuff your defending gets stupider by the minute.I gotta have another beer now.Excuse me......
edit-Real ale btw ]

Do you own any of the other products I listed? I have numerous software products that will not work without a dongle. I am bringing some perspective. The same complaint you have for these new MPCs applies to many leading software products.

This has been debated to death across numerous internet forums including this one. These companies have a right to protect their investments...its reality. I am staring at a Steinberg key and an iLock as I write this. I often have to switch them from my PC to a Mac. Annoying.....but nothing I can do about it unless I decide to stop using these products.

Defense? Its reality.
By dryad-66 Thu May 17, 2012 11:11 pm
JAH wrote:
dryad-66 wrote:

edit-Real ale btw ]

Do you own any of the other products I listed? I have numerous software products that will not work without a dongle. I am bringing some perspective. The same complaint you have for these new MPCs applies to many leading software products.

This has been debated to death across numerous internet forums including this one. These companies have a right to protect their investments...its reality. I am staring at a Steinberg key and an iLock as I write this. I often have to switch them from my PC to a Mac. Annoying.....but nothing I can do about it unless I decide to stop using these products.

Defense? Its reality.

Software reality.exactly.tis my point.the point of no return.Screen burn and being tied into the computer protocol.Its a killer combination.vibe killer.....and not practical.anyway,got to da point lol.Did you know that the UK has the most surveilance cameras on the planet?And there is more rules and regulations enforced everyday?But hey,its essential because our freedom is being defended :?
By JAH Fri May 18, 2012 1:42 am
dryad-66 wrote:Software reality.exactly.tis my point.the point of no return.Screen burn and being tied into the computer protocol.Its a killer combination.vibe killer.....and not practical.anyway,got to da point lol.Did you know that the UK has the most surveilance cameras on the planet?And there is more rules and regulations enforced everyday?But hey,its essential because our freedom is being defended :?

The fact that the Ren is connected to a computer seems to be a mental road block for quite a few forum members. The only thing I can say is this product may not be for you.

The feedback I recieved regarding the MPC Ren is that it feels just like every other MPC, solid build, and there really isn't a need to look at your computer monitor or use a mouse.

If you check out some of the videos, they detail using the MPC Ren with and without looking at the computer monitor.
By dryad-66 Fri May 18, 2012 8:25 am
JAH wrote:
dryad-66 wrote:Software reality.exactly.tis my point.the point of no return.Screen burn and being tied into the computer protocol.Its a killer combination.vibe killer.....and not practical.anyway,got to da point lol.Did you know that the UK has the most surveilance cameras on the planet?And there is more rules and regulations enforced everyday?But hey,its essential because our freedom is being defended :?

The fact that the Ren is connected to a computer seems to be a mental road block for quite a few forum members. The only thing I can say is this product may not be for you.

The feedback I recieved regarding the MPC Ren is that it feels just like every other MPC, solid build, and there really isn't a need to look at your computer monitor or use a mouse.

If you check out some of the videos, they detail using the MPC Ren with and without looking at the computer monitor.

Ok.Thats good.It is what it is.We will see.You sound like a rep tho.On a forum it comes across as hard sell.Dont think thats good for the product.I cant buy it because i would want to move around with my laptop solo sometimes and carry on editing the programme.The dongal should not be the controller.That just a bad idea.As i say,it is what it is.
By Flux302 Wed May 23, 2012 5:01 pm
I still looking at the mpc ren and maschine as two very different products. Like if tey are keeping to what has been said and staying really true to old mpc style workflow I see the ren as stricktly a studio piece and less of a live performance unit (which is fine) and maschine and ableton as more of a live on the fly kinda unit.
I'm excited to see the final release version of te ren under my finger tips. I know maschine had been planing to have timestretch for over 2 years now (no clue why it took so long for simple off line to get here) so I don't think this is the "response to ren" update like people tend to think . (I would assume it would take time to code and test considering ren was only announced just before namm).
They are getting closer in features. I still really like the idea of a full mixer page. But I wanna feel it in action before I gush about it. It's all about how the hardware and software gel... If that all comes together it could be a great addition along side maschine. In the mean time I just wait and hope.
By JAH Wed May 23, 2012 6:55 pm
dryad-66 wrote:
JAH wrote:

Ok.Thats good.It is what it is.We will see.You sound like a rep tho.On a forum it comes across as hard sell.Dont think thats good for the product.I cant buy it because i would want to move around with my laptop solo sometimes and carry on editing the programme.The dongal should not be the controller.That just a bad idea.As i say,it is what it is.

And I thought I sound like a die-hard MPC user (15 years) and MPC Forum Member (10+ years).... I stopped selling MPCs over 7 years ago. So this is not necessarily on my agenda. I simply want a good product, enjoy using it, and discussing it in these forums. And that goes for Maschine as well...which I do own.

So nothing really changed for me. Every new flagship MPC...I purchased as soon as it hit the streets. That won't change with the Ren..and it will be the first MPC I send to Forat to customize. I don't have any original ideas...so I will ask him to make it look just like the MPC 3000LE.
By Flux302 Wed May 23, 2012 8:54 pm
just curious, but it already has a pretty vintage look.... why not have him do something more wild (obviously it's up to you and I say do what you feel, just giving ideas) bruce has done some pretty dope work in the past... why not just say... go nuts and impress me. you might just be blown away. good luck with that and I expect pics btw
By JAH Wed May 23, 2012 9:51 pm
Flux302 wrote:just curious, but it already has a pretty vintage look.... why not have him do something more wild (obviously it's up to you and I say do what you feel, just giving ideas) bruce has done some pretty dope work in the past... why not just say... go nuts and impress me. you might just be blown away. good luck with that and I expect pics btw

Your probably right. But I do want it to be black. Or maybe even silver and black to match my iMac. Nearly everything I own is either black or silver.
By Flux302 Wed May 23, 2012 11:45 pm
make that shit gun metal ... I hear military folk like guns ;) .... for real though I'd rock the **** outta gun metal mpc.