Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By babar141 Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:34 am
HI, i was wondering how do we record audio from our soundmodules since the renaissace has only too audio inputs, does the mean we gotta buy a mixer or somthing..i still have about 3 hardware synths so would be nice to record them too, i know you can controll them by midi becouse the ren. got 2Midi ins and 4 out but just thinking about the audio part...
anyone got any idea let me know..
By JAH Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:00 am
The MPC Ren doesn't have audio tracks like the MPC 5000. So you can sample your MIDI sound modules but you can't multitrack them into the Ren. You will have to record your sound modules into your DAW. Ideally, you would connect your MIDI sound modules to a dedicated audio interface.
By ceasi Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:13 am
I asked this same question a few months ago and we all pretty much came up with this conclusion, tht we would have to record our outboard synth gear into ur daw, but then when u think about it, its like the point of me working inside the box is to not have to record any sounds into ur daw, thts pretty much the same thing u have to do with vintage mpc's and Jah u can agree with me on this, thts time consuming and it doesn't really change anything, ur still doing the same thing u would do if u made beats with a 2kxl. The only thing its really changing is all of the sounds ur using is already saved on ur computers hard drive, and its already in the box, so u can bounce it down in the mpc software, then import to ur daw. But its still gonna be like using a 2k, as far as ur hardware synthase. So the only way to really eliminate having to record into ur daw is to somehow get ur hardware sounds into ur computer.
Last edited by ceasi on Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
By JAH Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:09 pm
ceasi wrote:I asked this same question a few months ago and we all pretty much came up with this conclusion, tht we would have to record our outboard synth gear into ur daw, but then when u think about it, its like the point of me working inside the box is to not have to record any sounds into ur daw, thts pretty much the same thing u have to do with vintage mpc's and Jah u can agree with me on this, thts time consuming and it doesn't really change anything, ur still doing the same thing u would do if u made beats with a 2kxl. The only thing its really changing is all of the sounds ur using is already saved on ur computers hard drive, and its already in the box, so u can bounce it down in the mpc software, then import to ur daw. But its still gonna be like using a 2k, as far as ur hardware synthase. So the only way to really eliminate having to record into ur daw is to somehow get ur hardware sounds into ur computer.

Hopefully they will add audio tracks in a future update. Its the logical next move IMO. Until then you will have to track your hardware sound modules into your DAW. But don't forget that you won't have to do this with MPC and VST tracks like hardware MPCs.
By Luigi Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:46 pm
If u watch the movies on utube closley. U can see that in the Export window. there is a option called "Real-time (MPC+External sources)"

does external sources mean midi outs? or what?

that would be really cool if u could export ur hardware synths directly with the rest of the mpc projekt.

I also think that in other updates audio tracks will be included, and u will be able to export ur hardware synths into audiotracks. kinda lika freezing tracks to save latency.
By ceasi Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:52 am
Luigi wrote:that would be really cool if u could export ur hardware synths directly with the rest of the mpc projekt.

I was thinking the same thing.
By mega77 Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:49 pm
Luigi wrote:If u watch the movies on utube closley. U can see that in the Export window. there is a option called "Real-time (MPC+External sources)"

does external sources mean midi outs? or what?

that would be really cool if u could export ur hardware synths directly with the rest of the mpc projekt.

I also think that in other updates audio tracks will be included, and u will be able to export ur hardware synths into audiotracks. kinda lika freezing tracks to save latency.
I totally agree. That would help with those of us with external synths.Can you imagine how much time will be saved if that could happen.