Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By I65Jizzle Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:42 pm
Hello all. I am new to the forum. I have been searching around and have not been able to find the answer to my question which is, How well will the MPC software be controlled by the Max49? I understand that using the MPC Ren or Studio with the software should allow you to produce a track without ever looking at the computer. Can the same be said for the Max49. It seems as though it should at least be able to do what the Studio does in terms of control, minus 4 pads.
By strugglebuggiemusic Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:20 am
From what I understand, they will not be selling the software by itself, and the Renny has some kinda custom midi drivers specifically made to control the 'ware...
...so if you buy the Renny, and wanna use the 49 key, I would make a wild guess and say if you plugged your 49 into the back of the Rennys USB, maybe it would work :hmmm:
By JAH Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:27 am
The software should be able to recognize an external MIDI device whether you plug it in directly to your computers USB ports or the Ren.
By dtaa pla muk Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:46 pm
The software should be able to recognize an external MIDI device whether you plug it in directly to your computers USB ports or the Ren.

i haven't checked in for a while, out of curiosity, do you know if they allow full control and navigation of the program from standard MIDI, or does it require the studio/ren controller? this has always struck me as a great opportunity for the software.
By MPCWeapon1 Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:10 pm
Nym wrote:

i haven't checked in for a while, out of curiosity, do you know if they allow full control and navigation of the program from standard MIDI, or does it require the studio/ren controller? this has always struck me as a great opportunity for the software.

I'm was under the impression that is was like DigiDesign used to be where the Hardware is a key to the software.

Maybe I'm wrong though.
By DJ Hellfire Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:52 pm
MPCWeapon1 wrote:
Nym wrote:

I'm was under the impression that is was like DigiDesign used to be where the Hardware is a key to the software.

Yup, that's how they say it will be, which is extra geigh! :evil:
By konc3pt Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:03 pm
DJ Hellfire wrote:

double doube tripple geigh, if the controller goes to shit during project good luck finishing it
By I65Jizzle Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:33 am
So I guess they want to force you into mpc ren/studio to use the software. Really the controller isn't as important to me as getting that mpc drum sound through the software. For me, I use logic 9 with the mpk49. mpk is coo, but mapping is a ****. pretty much have to make a different template for every instrument you want to control in order to keep from having a control do more than one thing.
By IMAKEMADBEATS Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:45 pm
konc3pt wrote:
DJ Hellfire wrote:

double doube tripple geigh, if the controller goes to **** during project good luck finishing it

Dan posted in one of the "questions about the Renaissance" threads that the Ren hardware was only necessary when you actually start the software. After it's up and running you can disconnect it and the software will still run without it.
By inflict3 Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:11 pm
hey, how come my posts keep getting deleted??? i thought i posted so good info, i did post a pic of an ice burg.,...?? oh well...
By Lampdog Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:27 pm
Your iceberg was a dick and you know it, tha **** is wrong with you lately where you keep testing the waters to see how deep the tolerance pool is. And you wonder why you were kicked out of other forums and come here to **** about it like the powers that be are playing you, you playing yourself, **** that troll shit man.

inflict3 wrote:I wanted to make a thred about the ren, Jahs vagina, and a whole lotta cock...

You do this over and over again every other day, how is that useful to any intelligent discussion.