Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By bobbybland Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:24 am
Not sure if anyone has the technical abilities to write this sort of code here, but I'd be one of the many to purchase this if you build it and it works.. :-D
By Metatron72 Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:44 am
I guess after Maschine 1.8 and the fact that the Maschine kits will save with samples that could be of some use. You wouldn't have the Maschine FX routings that are usually set up in the factory kits and the NI add on libraries.

I just go in the folders and throw them in MPC Maid or an app like that and load the programs off CF or HD in the MPC's. All the NI libraries are already 16 bit 44.1khz.

And Hellfire's suggestion is good and why not have it go the other way.
By MIDIchlorian Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:51 am
DJ Hellfire wrote:Or if they just make Ren read Maschine kits like Maschine reads MPC programs! :nod:

Not sure if that's possible.
However I think lots of Maschine owners will be switching to the REN.
That would ease with the transition.

I will put it in as a feature request :wink:
By bobbybland Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:47 am
thnx MIDIchlorian :wink:
By JAH Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:43 am
I tried to open a Maschine's group file with a text editor. It had tons of information. I can't easily make out what sound is mapped to what pad.

I think it would be nice if Akai could read Maschine's formats. Most manufacturer's of samplers add Akai format support. But the last MPC that supported proprietary formats was the MPC 4000.
By MPC-Tutor Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:47 am
Can anyone send me an example Maschine program (are they called 'group files?)? Is it like the MPC system, as in a program file and separate WAVs, or is it more like a Cubase groove agent file in which the program and wavs are packed in a single proprietary format file?

Send the file(s) to support @ mpc-samples.com and I'll take a look - ideally a program including the sounds, nothing fancy required though, try to keep it under 10MB
By JAH Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:10 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:Can anyone send me an example Maschine program (are they called 'group files?)? Is it like the MPC system, as in a program file and separate WAVs, or is it more like a Cubase groove agent file in which the program and wavs are packed in a single proprietary format file?

Send the file(s) to support @ mpc-samples.com and I'll take a look - ideally a program including the sounds, nothing fancy required though, try to keep it under 10MB

Done. Sent you two emails. One was just the group program files and the other was a project w/samples which also contains a grp program file.
By MPC-Tutor Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:23 am
Cheers

The program is in a proprietary format, so would need to be reverse engineered. Not sure if anyone has already done this, if they have then an app could be made with minimal effort as the Ren program file is just a plain text XML file which can be read easily. But without that reverse engineering already done, it would be very time consuming to work out the maschine format.

I'm still not entirely sure what the legal situation is with this stuff. There's a lot of info online about the specifics of the Akai PGM format which has allowed people to develop apps that create PGM files, so not sure if this is strictly legal or if Akai turn a blind eye.
By Metatron72 Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:35 pm
RuffRider wrote:What about the MOTU BPM library - Will the Ren load those files?

The .ufs format UVI/BPM uses is one large file. But here's a tip, load BPM, open the library folders. Drag and drop any one shot or loop to your desktop. The bulk of them are 24 bit/96khz so I usually just put them in my 4000 or sometimes convert them. But obviously in the Ren they'll load at the higher bit rate. This works on other UVI libraries but not for keyboard patches.
By bobbybland Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:14 pm
any word, if akai plans on creating one of these in the near future? maschine loads akai .pgm, so I'd think it'd make sense for akai to offer this for new maschine converts..
By Airyck Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:20 pm
This would all be awesome but what about just loading Maschine VST inside the Ren? Once 1.3 comes it will be no problem to have the individual pads in Maschine receive MIDI from the keyboard and sequence the drums/instruments in the Renaissance/Studio. I personally will be doing that in the future. I have no plans to get rid of Maschine, just use it inside the Ren :)
By bobbybland Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:28 pm
i also thought about just loading the sample folders to pads, but that'd be a mess. we need a more elegant solution. I think after 1.3 there will be more n more maschine users adopting to the ren.

akai seems to be on track n this is just another option to keep them rolling..