Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Clint Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:10 am
@ Dee-J

If the Ren is £699 when it hits the streets thats even better than I was expecting. But you can still snagg an MPC3000 for that money (not an LE) if your trading game is tight.

I've bought many MPC's in my time, and to get great deals you gotta have cash and be quick with the viewing/ negotiating/ collection. You have to search every day, in all the right places, and be prepared to do some restoration work.

Buying at the top end of the market will cost you, and remember eBay takes 10% slice so offline deals are the best way to secure these machines.

I would like to test drive the Ren one day, but I won't be buying one any time soon.
By m56p87 Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:44 pm
clint246clint wrote:and remember eBay takes 10% slice so offline deals are the best way to secure these machines.

Cheapest way yes, safe not at all. An offline deal even with PayPal is amount to buying an MPC out of some dudes trench coat on the street. I'm not saying you won't have successfull transactions, but I don't everyone should be doing this.
By e9000k Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:42 pm
m56p87 wrote:
clint246clint wrote:and remember eBay takes 10% slice so offline deals are the best way to secure these machines.

Cheapest way yes, safe not at all. An offline deal even with PayPal is amount to buying an MPC out of some dudes trench coat on the street. I'm not saying you won't have successfull transactions, but I don't everyone should be doing this.

If you buy off ebay make sure its either paypal or you can pick it up, don't get **** over. Bank transfers are a no go, mad people got burnt that way.
By Clint Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:43 pm
Don't get me wrong.

I didn't say anything about the "cheapest" deals.

I was alluding to the fact that you don't need eBay 'protection' to to do business. It wasn't necessary before eBay came along and it isn't necessary now. I'm talking about local deals here, stuff you can pick up yourself. eBay is handy for distance selling.

Obviously, dealing in cash calls for greater awareness so take suitable precautions.
By Alkota Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:41 pm
I forgot why I avoid forums lol.
By peeping tom Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:24 am
Alkota wrote:I forgot why I avoid forums lol.

aha some of us arn't that bad

I thought it was chill to see you stop by. keep those kits coming yo!
By v00d00ppl Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:53 am
Has anyone tried to sample from a turntable with an m447 to their Ren? Try sampling with the levels near peak/ distortion levels for each sound you want to chop. On my MPC 60 II I normally get some good punchy sounds that way and the crispy sounds come from high hats , guitars, percussion.

I notice when I sample a high quality sample like native instruments drums on my 60, they just sound a little punchier and not too old and crusty.

Vintage mode should do a decent job emulating the 60 at least if d16 decimort can do it and native instruments can.
By MpcBoomBap Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:03 am
Will the Studio have this feature?

I'm interested in the Studio and considering the Maschine isn't an MPC and has this feature it will be a shame if Akai leaves this out.
By v00d00ppl Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:47 am
MpcBoomBap wrote:Will the Studio have this feature?

I'm interested in the Studio and considering the Maschine isn't an MPC and has this feature it will be a shame if Akai leaves this out.

The studio will also have the same emulations the Ren has.
By sparq Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:03 pm
moyphee wrote:
v00d00ppl wrote:The studio will also have the same emulations the Ren has.

Vintage mode is only on the Ren despite using the same software.

it's been stated by akai that the studio will have vintage mode via the software
By m56p87 Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:30 pm
sparq wrote:
it's been stated by akai that the studio will have vintage mode via the software

Yeah I missed that too, do you have a reference?
By sparq Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:48 pm
moyphee wrote:.... officially by an Akai rep? Which video?

Dan said it in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=154839

xparis001 wrote:
kaydigi wrote:Sorry if already answered, those plugins aren't available for the studio correct?

They will be. Vintage mode is available for Studio. Renaissance will sound the most authentic, as its got the MPC3000 analog circuitry, but the Studio can definitely dial in vintage mode.

i know you know he is an official Akai rep.
By moyphee Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:13 pm
I know they said that it would be Ren only. They also said the Ren had the MPC3000 input stage until readers/viewers called them on it.

Under the alias xparis on a public forum is far from anything official. I would take that statement as informed speculation at best.
By MpcBoomBap Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:32 pm
Akai needs to have more videos regarding the Studio. A lot of speculation at this point.

So the studio will have this option but it's a pluggin/emulator.

For current Ren users how does it sound without sampling drums though the input/converter?