Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By TCHARLZ Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:07 pm
JAH wrote:The MPC Ren plugin (VST/RTAS) can output MIDI to plugins not hosted in the Ren. Within your DAW, set the MIDI input device for all your instrument tracks to 'MPC' in order to use the Ren's sequencer.

This method allows you to do all the sequencing inside the Ren and all the mixing inside your selected DAW.

Hi everyone,

Jah that's exactly what I'm trying to do! Problem is in Logic I cannot change the midi input device to MPC! We can only select among 16 midi channels, that's all!
I guess we have to set logic environnement in order to do that, but Environement is a mystery for me.....

Jah, could you please elaborate in details the workflow 4 you were talkin about in the begining? Thanks!
By eLuSiVeMiTe Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:35 am
Bit of necromancy but needing some advice and seems like some here might know.

I'm Running MPC as a vsti in Reaper.
32 outputs routed to the mixer.
16 midi outs working sweet and controlling vsti within reaper.

I'm syncing nicely

Clicking bar 12 on reapers timeline will cue mpc to the same point for playback.

My issue is spp doesn't seem to send or receive (not sure which) during playback.

So il play from the start. Hit a loop at bar 4 to 6 and reaper loops but mpc continues to play full sequence.

Again. Jumping the playhead in reaper will jump position in reaper but mpc just continues to play as if no spp was recieved.

Any help appreciated. This is my last hurdle.