Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By beatspecific Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:12 pm
I didnt want to sound like an ahole but I was thinking just put a piece of tape or sumn over the light if it's driving ya that crazy. You gotta remember chicks love flashing lights when they come in the studio, it makes them think we know what we're doing ;)
By DSTR / deStar Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:37 pm
OK then! I now have a nice piece of black electrical tape on my brand new Ren to cover this completely unnecessary constant flashing light.

Like MPC-Tutor said, it should be quite simple for Akai to program something about that!

I wonder what would be the best way to send Akai a message about that...
By optik415 Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:22 pm
HAHAHAHA! The light has actually helped me in finding my tempos to samples and with my chops.HAPPY MONDAY!!!! :fku:
By Dee-J Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:01 pm
beatspecific wrote:I didnt want to sound like an ahole but I was thinking just put a piece of tape or sumn over the light if it's driving ya that crazy. You gotta remember chicks love flashing lights when they come in the studio, it makes them think we know what we're doing ;)

:lol: You have a good point....I also like to think I know what the hell I'm doing when the lights are flashing!
By DJ Hellfire Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:10 am
mQueue wrote:While we're at it I'd like to dim/turn off all the Q-link LEDs! Them things are bright as hell in the dark.

I think all the Red buttons are too bright actually. The Q-Link lights are fine, but all the other Red function buttons are so bright that it's hard to read what the button is when your in a low lit room. Won't really matter once you memorize the buttons though I guess!
By phineas1111 Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:09 am
On Akai ADVANCE keyboards:
1. Press the SHIFT and GLOBAL keys simultaneously
2. Press the Right arrow key, directly under the display screen, twice to display Global menu 3
3. Press the Down arrow, in the cluster of 4 arrows under the PUSH TO ENTER knob, to move pointer down display to Tempo LED
4. Turn the PUSH TO ENTER knob to left, one click, to switch tap tempo light to OFF
5. Press down the PUSH TO ENTER knob to save the change
5. Press MAIN button to return to opening info screen
By Ex:John Doe Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:25 pm
That didn't turn it off for me, can anyone confirm?

On the 5K it is extremely easy to turn it off.. Also, is there a way to turn off the pad lights by default (creating a default set up, period on the Ren), without having to open a template?
Thx