Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By JAH Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:58 pm
Thomjohnfek wrote:Bought brand new and worked great for a couple of days, though the software was getting funky once I updated it. Plugged it in on stage and this is what I saw. Bummer

So this happened after you updated the MPC Software? Did you attempt to update the Ren's firmware (off the top, I don't recall seeing a public firmware update)?
By JAH Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:55 am
News flash: Over the past 10 years in this forum, quite a few members have had to return, exchange, or repair their MPCs (new, b-stock, second-hand, etc) for various reasons to include but not limited to: LCD screens, tact switches, pots, pad sensors, buttons, firmware, AD/DA converters, power buttons, SCSI, disk drives, etc.

Use the forum search function and use the key words 'Repair', 'Exchange', 'Return', or 'I hate Akai' and thousands of topics will be displayed for your viewing pleasure.

So it's quite simple....from the MPC 60 to the MPC Studio, it is not unheard of that you may have to seek support for a troublesome MPC unit.
By Living Bate Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:15 am
I just moved my MPC Ren from one room to another (very carefully it hasnt taken any kind of trauma), and now its doing the blank screen flashing blue when i turn it on....

i've tried everything.....its had it......I cant get it to turn on at all.....even moving it back to the old room....

has anyone got any advice on this?.......i'm gutted...

(had it for about 14 months and no problem up until now)
By nyahmusic Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:06 pm
The most common cause of a solid or flashing blue screen with no lettering at all is using the incorrect power supply. Sometimes we mix up the adapters, and connect the wrong one.

The MPC Renaissance requires a DC 12V 2.0A pin-positive power supply.

Check the label on the one you're using. Hopefully that's it.

A solid blue screen with no lettering at all can also indicate your firmware is corrupt. You can reinstall it, but per the instructions included with the firmware installer, your MPC MUST be fully recognizable by the computer for a firmware install to be possible (don't try it if your computer cant see the MPC). You can download the firmware installer here: http://www.akaipro.com/misc/mpc-software

If 1) the power adapter is correct and properly working, and 2) If your firmware is ok, or your MPC can't be seen by your computer...then your unit will unfortunately need service.
By Living Bate Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:19 pm
nyahmusic wrote:The most common cause of a solid or flashing blue screen with no lettering at all is using the incorrect power supply. Sometimes we mix up the adapters, and connect the wrong one.

A solid blue screen with no lettering at all can also indicate your firmware is corrupt. You can reinstall it, but per the instructions included with the firmware installer, your MPC MUST be fully recognizable by the computer for a firmware install to be possible (don't try it if your computer cant see the MPC). You can download the firmware installer here: http://www.akaipro.com/misc/mpc-software

If 1) the power adapter is correct and properly working, and 2) If your firmware is ok, or your MPC can't be seen by your computer...then your unit will unfortunately need service.

I'm sure I used the right adapter because the MPC adapter is quite distinctive....its a different shape and has a yellow trim on the inside......

what I maybe should've done is test the adapter on something else to make sure it wasn't the adapter that was at fault....

I've sent it back now anyway.....just hoping that it can be fixed and at as little cost as possible...
By Olschoolbilly Thu May 26, 2022 3:54 pm
Living Bate wrote:
nyahmusic wrote:The most common cause of a solid or flashing blue screen with no lettering at all is using the incorrect power supply. Sometimes we mix up the adapters, and connect the wrong one.

I'm sure I used the right adapter because the MPC adapter is quite distinctive....its a different shape and has a yellow trim on the inside......

what I maybe should've done is test the adapter on something else to make sure it wasn't the adapter that was at fault....

I've sent it back now anyway.....just hoping that it can be fixed and at as little cost as possible...

What was the outcome of this? I am having the same issue.
By BostonGreen Thu May 26, 2022 5:44 pm
I've seen quite a few posts here and on Facebook about people with issues caused by power supplies. Has anyone from the UK experienced issues?

I'm wondering whether it's USA'd wack power setup ..... Our plugs etc all have 3 pins, positive, negative and earth. You guys aren't earthed are you?