Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By bobbybland Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:52 am
Mpc ren lacks the ability to send 16 Mono outs in daws so - when can we expect this small feature request? 2 updates have past and this should be a no question add..
By JAH Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:22 am
bobbybland wrote:Mpc ren lacks the ability to send 16 Mono outs in daws so - when can we expect this small feature request? 2 updates have past and this should be a no question add..

The Ren has 8 stereo pairs. To get 16 MONO, pan your tracks hard left or hard right.
By bobbybland Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:32 am
Panning the Tracks hard Left and hard Right, are just that panned tracks, how is it that I should monitor a kick on the left, and a snare on the right?

I just tried that, there's no way I could listen to that, when producing or mixing.

Perhaps I'm missing something, anymore suggestions?

thnx
By JAH Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:42 am
Panning hard left and hard right will enable you to record mono tracks within your DAW.

Within the Ren...if you have a kick on one track and a snare on another track with each track set to Output 1,2....you will use panning. Hard left will send to Output 1 and hard right will send to Output 2.
By bobbybland Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:36 am
Hi Dj Hellfire,
thanks for the quick reply.Unfortunately my DAW (studio one v2.5) won't allow me to do this.I can get 8 stereo outputs, but when I pan the tracks left/right within REN,

then in Studio One 2.5, if I create a new mono track, it won't allow me to pick from a stereo output from ren to choose a L/R Mono input from.
By Jonespnice1 Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:57 am
bobbybland wrote:Hi Dj Hellfire,
thanks for the quick reply.Unfortunately my DAW (studio one v2.5) won't allow me to do this.I can get 8 stereo outputs, but when I pan the tracks left/right within REN,

then in Studio One 2.5, if I create a new mono track, it won't allow me to pick from a stereo output from ren to choose a L/R Mono input from.

Until Studio one sorts that out you can always download Reaper, it has a download that doesn't expire (they price it so low that most people buy it anyway). Reaper gives you the ability to do this and much more when it comes to Routing.
It's hard to believe that Studio one doesn't do this I heard that it is a very slick Daw that has many nice features. But anyway I hope you get it sorted out.
By bobbybland Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:02 am
Thanks for the thoughts.
By DJ Hellfire Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:14 am

So record onto a stereo track (snare in the left channel, kick on the right channel) and split the tracks into mono! Does it let you split stereo tracks to mono?
By bobbybland Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:06 am
Yes it will allow me to split a stereo wav file into mono, thanks for the help.

This is becoming a headache though, AKAI please FIX this!!!

we need 16 mono outputs not just 8 stereo, this requires workarounds, please understand it can and needs to be faster.
By JAH Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:37 am

When you create a MONO track in Studio One, what input options does it give you? None at all? Not even 8 stereo MPC outputs?
By bobbybland Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:49 pm
mono tracks allow no input other then mono inputs, stereo tracks do,but that wont work.

akai needs to release the fix asap, as some daws won't allow that workaround
By bobbybland Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:14 pm
I've tried this in my Pro Tools rig and I seem to only get 14 mono outputs,not sure what I'm missing there,but it seems to bypass outputs 1/2.

Please Akai get this fixed, I really hate the idea of having to go to another lesser functionable DAW just to use the mpc ren as a plugin.
By Jonespnice1 Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:30 pm
bobbybland wrote:I've tried this in my Pro Tools rig and I seem to only get 14 mono outputs,not sure what I'm missing there,but it seems to bypass outputs 1/2.

Please Akai get this fixed, I really hate the idea of having to go to another lesser functionable DAW just to use the mpc ren as a plugin.

I see that you have Maschine and it works just like the Ren (unless something's changed), I would suggest searching some of SaintJoe's (soundsandgear) Maschine videos because I think he shows how to do it on Studio One. I may be mistaken but it's worth a look.
By bobbybland Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:53 pm
Jonespnice1 wrote:
bobbybland wrote:I've tried this in my Pro Tools rig and I seem to only get 14 mono outputs,not sure what I'm missing there,but it seems to bypass outputs 1/2.

I see that you have Maschine and it works just like the Ren (unless something's changed), I would suggest searching some of SaintJoe's (soundsandgear) Maschine videos because I think he shows how to do it on Studio One. I may be mistaken but it's worth a look.

Maschine allows for 16 mono inputs though.