Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By boomspot Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:34 pm
Hey, thought I'd share my workaround to the MPC by default saving projects and programs to the /users/YOU/Documents/MPC folder.

I like keeping my files on a dedicated hard drive & it's a bit of a pain having to drill down and find the folder every time i save a new file or project.

My solution on the mac is to replace the "MPC" folder in documents directory with a symbolic link to my dedicated drive. This way I can save to the default location the MPC software defaults to & it's actually saving to my dedicated audio drive/mpc projects folder.

This free utility makes it dumb easy to set up and create symbolic links on the mac.
http://seiryu.home.comcast.net/~seiryu/ ... inker.html

PS: I also used this method to move the bulkier items from my SSD's Application Support folder to a larger internal drive. Gets the job done without issues.

Enjoy,

D
By Sleepydog Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:32 am
Is there a newer and better solution to this yet? Im loosing hair as well! :WTF: :hmmm:

Edit:
For windows:
http://www.itusefultips.com/how-to-use-junction-exe/ <- i used this .. VERY easy!

Put the Junction.exe somewhere where you can reach it easily from the command prompt. I put it in "F:\"

This is the command i used(below). So basically "Junction "Old location" "New location". A symbolic link will be created at the Old location that will point your OS to the new location. I've used this for the itunes backup so i don't strain my SSD OS drive with that junk ^_^
F:\>junction "C:\Users\YOUR USER ACCOUNT\Documents\MPC" F:\MPC

use "" if you have spaces
When doing this you have to delete the Original MPC folder (make a copy/backup/move!!!). It will be replaced by a junction shortcut and you can't have both there at the same time as it would confuse your OS!
Just to make it super clear, delete (but backup/move) the MPC folder so you don't have an MPC folder here: C:\Users\YOUR USER ACCOUNT\Documents\

Now you can store in the default location from the software but it will end up in the new location (F:\MPC in my case) instead.
By TJ89 Sun May 29, 2016 8:11 pm
Sleepydog wrote:Is there a newer and better solution to this yet? Im loosing hair as well! :WTF: :hmmm:

Edit:
For windows:
http://www.itusefultips.com/how-to-use-junction-exe/ <- i used this .. VERY easy!

Put the Junction.exe somewhere where you can reach it easily from the command prompt. I put it in "F:\"

This is the command i used(below). So basically "Junction "Old location" "New location". A symbolic link will be created at the Old location that will point your OS to the new location. I've used this for the itunes backup so i don't strain my SSD OS drive with that junk ^_^
F:\>junction "C:\Users\YOUR USER ACCOUNT\Documents\MPC" F:\MPC

use "" if you have spaces
When doing this you have to delete the Original MPC folder (make a copy/backup/move!!!). It will be replaced by a junction shortcut and you can't have both there at the same time as it would confuse your OS!
Just to make it super clear, delete (but backup/move) the MPC folder so you don't have an MPC folder here: C:\Users\YOUR USER ACCOUNT\Documents\

Now you can store in the default location from the software but it will end up in the new location (F:\MPC in my case) instead.

Thank you :worthy:
By Emergingstates Fri May 11, 2018 12:37 pm
Hi any chance of re-upping this link? thanks.

boomspot wrote:Hey, thought I'd share my workaround to the MPC by default saving projects and programs to the /users/YOU/Documents/MPC folder.

I like keeping my files on a dedicated hard drive & it's a bit of a pain having to drill down and find the folder every time i save a new file or project.

My solution on the mac is to replace the "MPC" folder in documents directory with a symbolic link to my dedicated drive. This way I can save to the default location the MPC software defaults to & it's actually saving to my dedicated audio drive/mpc projects folder.

This free utility makes it dumb easy to set up and create symbolic links on the mac.
http://seiryu.home.comcast.net/~seiryu/ ... inker.html

PS: I also used this method to move the bulkier items from my SSD's Application Support folder to a larger internal drive. Gets the job done without issues.

Enjoy,

D