Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Musikal Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:50 pm
Hi Beat Makers,
I've got my MPC Ren today and so far far it seems to be working but there isn't any sound when I plug the earphones (on both outputs).
Since it's a brand new MPC Ren (not 2nd hand) I suspect (and hope) it's just something I need to do. I've got both "Mix" & "Vol" knobs halfway...
Can somebody advise me please?
Last edited by Musikal on Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By toxicc Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:55 pm
You need to use the Renaissance as the soundcard for the phones output to work. In Preference menu.
By Musikal Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:18 pm
toxicc wrote:You need to use the Renaissance as the soundcard for the phones output to work. In Preference menu.

Hi toxicc, thanks for the prompt reply. I can hear the test when I set the Ren as the sound card, but not the actual pattern playing.

My "work around" was that I ended up plugging my earphones on my Mac...
By Musikal Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:53 pm
pspsounds wrote:Try global Sound settings on your computer and set it to the Ren.

Thanks for your help pspsounds,
I'd rather carry on as I am because I've got to learn this Ren,
at least I know the sound works (thanks to the test as I mentioned earlier), so this can wait.
I've edited to title of the thread so that it starts with "[Solved]"
(It doesn't seem like a common practice here but I guess it won't be a problem).
Thank you guys for your assistance. :wink:
By konc3pt Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:27 pm
pspsounds wrote:Try global Sound settings on your computer and set it to the Ren.

Yep what he said, yOut gotta go to your macs sound tab in system preferences n set playback and output to ren
By Clint Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:14 am
Musikal wrote:Thanks for your help pspsounds, I'd rather carry on as I am because I've got to learn this Ren

Huh?

If you want to learn the Ren, start off by setting it up properly. Only takes a few minutes...