Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By bearhead Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:25 pm
There is no way in hell that I'd do that. I'd forget which screws go where, and just ruin it. I want the pads, but not bad enough to risk **** my MPC up. I'd rather have someone else do it.
ByMPCHolland053 Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:39 pm
Same here... Looks so fly tho'!
and I actually like the responsiveness it has now, maybe a future-thing-to-do...
By Ill-Green Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:23 pm
For those that want to do this, I recommend using an ice tray for the different screws.
By grinchmob Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:24 pm
bearhead wrote:There is no way in hell that I'd do that. I'd forget which screws go where, and just ruin it. I want the pads, but not bad enough to risk **** my MPC up. I'd rather have someone else do it.

Real talk. I want some clear fat pads. :-D
By pull-over Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:14 am
i don t see the need for fat pads on the ren..
By mpcstuff.com Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:09 pm
To clear up a few things...

It does take a bit of time taking the unit apart just as it is with the MPDs . You can see in the video its not hard just a bunch of steps. IMO its just a lot of screws and its pretty self explanatory when its opened up. Easier than an MPC1000?...HECK NO!

I am unsure about warranty, since we don't do warranty service. I assume if they wanted to be sticklers they could void your warranty. To be honest most of the producers I know don't have time to use the factory warranties for their gear. If something breaks, they need to have it fixed within a week so warranty route is not an option because it generally can take more time than they are willing to wait.

For the arguments that the thick pads are not needed ... I personally don't see how one could argue against them if they have not used them. More importantly, its nice to hear from people that have actually used and installed the new pads. My first thought when using the REN was the pads felt stale and hard (like the MPK). The thick ones are a lot softer. After using nearly EVERY unit that has ever had a pad on it (MPC/MPD/MV/Mashine/TriggerFinger/Axiom/etc) I dont think an argument can be made that the REN pads are the best out of the box. Yes, they feel decent and they are better than and MPD26 or MPK49, but still not perfect. That is just my opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Most people prefer thick pads on the MPCs, but we have had some customers that would rather standard. We are here to give people options, not to force someone one way or another. If we stopped making things because some people didn't want them we would have nothing in our catalog.

JAH wrote:
konc3pt wrote:ren's faceplate cover is palstic :hmmm: look like this might void warranty

Actually it isn't. It's metal. You would have to own one or at least have access to one to speak on it. You continuously post false information daily.

MPC-Tutor's hard review with factual information:
http://www.mpc-tutor.com/mpc-renaissanc ... -hardware/

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Personally, I would consider the faceplate plastic. The faceplate is two parts, one large plastic piece and then a metal top layer. If you were to remove the Allen head screws on the top of the MPC Ren, you could remove the outer most part of the faceplate which is the metal portion. Under that plate it is plastic. Most of the weight of the unit comes from the bottom plate which a heavier metal. Doesn't really matter though, I dont think metal or plastic makes any difference how you music will sound :)
Last edited by mpcstuff.com on Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By JAH Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:20 pm
mpcstuff.com wrote:Personally, I would consider the faceplate plastic. The faceplate is two parts, one large plastic piece and then a metal top layer. If you were to remove the Allen head screws on the top of the MPC Ren, you could remove the outer most part of the faceplate which is the metal portion. Under that plate it is plastic. Most of the weight of the unit comes from the bottom plate which a heavier metal. Doesn't really matter though, I dont think metal or plastic makes any difference how you music will sound :)

Obviously I am not talking about a piece of the Ren that I have no access to without removing 'a million' screws. I am clearly talking about the 'metal' face plate as in the 'metal top layer'....the part of the Ren that is cooler to touch (as in temperature). :lol: But thanks on clearing up this issue that doesn't matter.
By mpcstuff.com Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:36 pm
JAH wrote:
Obviously I am not talking about a piece of the Ren that I have no access to without removing 'a million' screws. I am clearly talking about the 'metal' face plate as in the 'metal top layer'....the part of the Ren that is cooler to touch (as in temperature). :lol: But thanks on clearing up this issue that doesn't matter.

I didn't mean to offend you JAH. Again, I agree it doesn't matter if its plastic or metal. I thought the reason konc3pt mentioned the plastic had to do with warranty. The plastic part I am referring to is just under that metal top plate with about 15 screws (if memory serves me right)
By konc3pt Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:42 pm
mpcstuff.com wrote:To clear up a few things...

JAH wrote:
konc3pt wrote:ren's faceplate cover is palstic :hmmm: look like this might void warranty

Actually it isn't. It's metal. You would have to own one or at least have access to one to speak on it. You continuously post false information daily.

MPC-Tutor's hard review with factual information:
http://www.mpc-tutor.com/mpc-renaissanc ... -hardware/

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Personally, I would consider the faceplate plastic. The faceplate is two parts, one large plastic piece and then a metal top layer. If you were to remove the Allen head screws on the top of the MPC Ren, you could remove the outer most part of the faceplate which is the metal portion. Under that plate it is plastic. Most of the weight of the unit comes from the bottom plate which a heavier metal. Doesn't really matter though, I dont think metal or plastic makes any difference how you music will sound :)

Thanks for clearing that up MPCSTUFF!!, when you flipped over the casing bottom looked plastic, Jah's claims where that my indication is false but once again Jah dont got a clue what the hell he's talking about and proves my point to his fact twisting tactics...thank you very much mpc stuff :nod:

JAH wrote: But thanks on clearing up this issue that doesn't matter.

Suddenly it dont matter cuz you're dead wrong and try to make it seem like you know when you clearly dont :WTF: :lol:
By Airyck Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:11 pm
I might put the red ones in, they look really slick :smoker:

Nothing scares me after working at a repair shop and fixing 32 channel Mackie boards, talk about a nightmare replacing op amps on particular channels or entire Ribbon Cable sets :roll:

*off topic

Anybody who's taken the Ren apart: Do they actually have 4 different colored LED's on the pads or are they taking advantage of an RGB led to get their 4 colors so far?

I'm assuming it's 4 different LED's or they would probably have some different colors in there. If it's not RGB I might swap some colors around :mrgreen:
By JAH Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:20 am
mpcstuff.com wrote:To clear up a few things...

It does take a bit of time taking the unit apart just as it is with the MPDs . You can see in the video its not hard just a bunch of steps. IMO its just a lot of screws and its pretty self explanatory when its opened up. Easier than an MPC1000?...HECK NO!

I am unsure about warranty, since we don't do warranty service. I assume if they wanted to be sticklers they could void your warranty. To be honest most of the producers I know don't have time to use the factory warranties for their gear. If something breaks, they need to have it fixed within a week so warranty route is not an option because it generally can take more time than they are willing to wait.

I am looking at what Bruce Forat done to his MPC Ren. I would probably consider ordering Fat Pads and have Bruce's company mod/paint my MPC Ren.

As far as warranty...typically modifying your gear will void it with most companies. Adding options (as seen with my Korg Kronos) can sometimes void your warranty if not done by an authorized repair center.

I have had warranty/non-warranty services on MPCs done by VST Service and Akai US directly. Both times, my MPC were returned to me within a week. Akai Japan has traditionally done my MPC repairs in a few days.
By monkiusz Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:56 am
So.. any reviews?

Ps. F that, I will get’em and test myself.
By QuickStrike Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:28 pm
I have the black fat pads on my MPC Renaissance. Compared to the Renaissance pads they're a lil bit more stiffer and less sensitive just a tiny bit.

https://ibb.co/nxpV0z
By monkiusz Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:04 pm
Thanks for your opinion & photo. I thought they are softer and more sensitive (but only with corx kit). Do you use it (kit)? How about installation process? Was it easy for you?