Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By j_exp_lordy Sat May 18, 2013 4:47 am
Hello, So I just noticed tonight that sometimes, not always when I hit pad 9 on my MPC studio, the pad sticks and the led and the note hold! This is very frustrating because I don't think it is not a bug, it's the hardware! It's been past 30 days since I've owned it so I don't see taking it back to my local music store being a successful solution but and also I don't want to jump through hoops with Akai trying to get an exchange for a new one unless if I have too. All that I want to know is has this happened to anyone else and does anyone know how to fix it? Thanks
By Airyck Sat May 18, 2013 5:27 pm
Just to check if the pad is actually sticking, put note repeat on and switch banks while recording. See if it keeps recording notes at the different pad positions(notes in the sequencer). I think someone on here had a similar problem and they just restarted everything and it went away.

If it is the hardware, without taking it apart there isn't a whole lot you could do. Buy a can of compressed air and try pulling the pad to the side gently and blow the compressed air in there. You may want to try blowing from one of the controls on the left while you pull up gently on the pad. Whatever you can do to get the air to blow under the pad. It's possible that there is just something underneath it that it causing it to trigger while the pad is at rest.

Your other options require a bit more work. Sending it back in. Check with the store you got it at anyway. I think 30 days is their return policy but not if there is something wrong with it. You should have a year warranty for defects and most likely the store will handle that.

Good luck, I'm lucky my Ren hasn't had any problems (though if it did I'd probably just take it apart and fix it, voiding the warranty of course, i don't suggest this)
By evillmusic Sat May 18, 2013 11:53 pm
I bet you its the software or the drivers for the studio...I had pads that would trigger at the same time as i hit another pad and the screen would do a freek out thing...Its more like the drives interaction with the software...hope AKAI release new drivers as well as software...drivers need to match up with the software as AKAI releases software updates. I have had 3 different studios and they all have had these issues...
By BremenCole Sun May 19, 2013 3:40 am
First do what Airyck said, to check it out.

I have a Studio, and have never had this problem, so it's not a typical type bug.

Actually turn off, and then turn on your computer. As I'm on MAC, I seldom turn mine off, only let it sleep. But, in this case you want to actually turn it off, to "clean"everything up. If you are on Windows, try it for sure. If that does not help (don't just restart) then......

Sounds like at first blush, a hardware problem. In other words a defective product. Try to return it, if that is a no go then call Akai.
By j_exp_lordy Sun May 19, 2013 10:46 pm
Thanks for the replies, It's not a bug because I tried to use it with reason as just a midi controller without the mpc software running and it does the same thing, I hit the pad and sometimes the note sticks and continues to play. I was going take it apart and give it a good clean but 2 of the screws are underneath the barcode / serial number stickers so I don't want to bust holes in those tags if I may have to exchange it. I will try blowing compressed air in it first but I think it's going to have to go back to the store
By BremenCole Sun May 19, 2013 11:56 pm
Compressed air is a good idea, and worth a try.

Sorry you're having such a hard time with it. I am very pleased with my Studio, and would be upset if anything was wrong with it. Hope you get it exchanged, and tranquillity returns to your life. :)
By Airyck Tue May 21, 2013 2:04 pm
j_exp_lordy wrote:The compressed air worked :) Thanks for your help!!

Happy I could help :mrgreen:

Ran into a lot of pad problems when I was repairing music equipment for a living, alot of the time it was just something that had gotten under the pad.
By ntalec Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:36 pm
j_exp_lordy wrote:Thought I would give an update, the pad was still sticking so I ended up brining it back to the music store and have been waiting almost 2 months for akai to send them a new one.

Don't accept this from that store.
You should talk to the manager and let them know it's unacceptable and if it's a chain store contact the home office, if it's a mom and pop store talk to the owner.

ou need to seek resolution in this for sure.
By Neil Murphy Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:12 pm
If anyone else has this problem, this solved it for me:

I had the hardware settings for threshold to absolute minimum (1), and the sensitivity to absolute maximum (16). When I dialed it back to 3 and 15, the "sticky pad" went away. I think it was a feedback loop where the pad ended up triggering itself, etc.

Context: MPC Studio Black w/ MPC 2.8, Pad 1 would intermittently stay triggered/lit, usually when I tapped it hard.