Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By bearhead Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:35 am
It doesn't matter if the MPC software is the only thing running, this still happens! I don't recall this happening in 1.5.

Things I've already tried:

- Closing out of everything but the MPC software.
- Closing other applications with the Activity Monitor.
- Changing the Audio Buffer Size.
- Changing the input/output to be the same.

Any ideas? This is irritating. I can't record directly out to tape anymore because of this.
By bearhead Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:26 am
Obtainius wrote:Mavericks? I have the same issue, if the audio popping means that its sounding like bitcruched/distorted

Mavericks, yeah. But the popping is more like general pops and clicks. Sometimes fuzzy beep sounds. All digital noise that sounds really nasty.
By 83dude Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:28 am
Have you tried purging your RAM via the Terminal? Save all open docs before, then just start Terminal, enter 'purge' and wait a minute. You can keep Activity Monitor's mem tab open to see whether it works.
By bearhead Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:13 am
83dude wrote:Have you tried purging your RAM via the Terminal? Save all open docs before, then just start Terminal, enter 'purge' and wait a minute. You can keep Activity Monitor's mem tab open to see whether it works.

Yep, but when I tried that, my computer said it wasn't allowed to. I couldn't figure out how to get past it though, so I left it alone.
By kipperi Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:57 am
bearhead wrote:It doesn't matter if the MPC software is the only thing running, this still happens! I don't recall this happening in 1.5.

Things I've already tried:

- Closing out of everything but the MPC software.
- Closing other applications with the Activity Monitor.
- Changing the Audio Buffer Size.
- Changing the input/output to be the same.

Any ideas? This is irritating. I can't record directly out to tape anymore because of this.

Renaissance released from the odd internal error sound, listening to the sample, sampling or listening to the beat. Fault-recorded sound spoiled samples. Apparently, the sound is due to the electrical flow. I replaced the power transformer and power cord if it would stop now. At first I thought that the problem was that the sampling Focusrite Saffire FireWire interface through (The fault is not, therefore, been here) I now sampling SoundflowerBed internal computer to mpc-renaissance. Now the samples are decent and do not become unwanted noise and they are not ruined. Does anyone have the same problem? Or is it possibly a broken mpc? :worthy:

The same is also here today, I fell to 1.6. 1.5 do not have this problem mac mavericks program. probably back to the 1.5 version as well. :P

1.6 version does not mpc from the samples, could not put the pad for example, a pad13, but I had to set the sample through a pad for the machine to make it even found. In addition, mixers does not always work correctly, even though the sample to the track and it will play there, not flash the sample up the track volume rates.

Now for me was enough. That was a piece of **** 1.6, 1.5 back to the installation, everything had to first uninstall and install again. I replaced the transformers and extension cords & usb cable = no change in the sound of the crackling!

The device was still in warranty, so luckily I got it now, the warranty repair. Let's see what is wrong or is there any type of failure.

I thought surely go to maschine-mk2 if this type of defect can not be solved and it just goes on after repair.

It is strange that the akai will be new update again and again! Native New maschine 2.0 update pay 99 €, but I guess it is designed with time. They do not seem to be buggy like this
By Bomber4000 Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:37 pm
The Maschine 2.0 software only costs money for those who already had Maschine.
Never fun to pay for software especially if you are a loyal customer but you get a 25 dollar/euro voucher, and a LOT of extra software and sounds.

For those who bought/buy as of November 2013 they receive the 2.X software for free.
By kipperi Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:07 pm
Bomber4000 wrote:The Maschine 2.0 software only costs money for those who already had Maschine.
Never fun to pay for software especially if you are a loyal customer but you get a 25 dollar/euro voucher, and a LOT of extra software and sounds.

For those who bought/buy as of November 2013 they receive the 2.X software for free.

My bad obviously you get 2.0 software free if you pay new maschine mk2 now for free! But i think it is 99e when you have mk1 and 1.8soft.

But i just listening beats in mpc-studio soft and mixing, whit any problems working fine whitout mpc-renaissance. I think mpc-renaissance soundcard or something is broken! Wating warranty guys stories :)
By Nubian Mindz Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:36 pm
I have the very same thing on my Wins 7 PC. It's been there from the start and I was told the Ren doesn't like co-existing with other soundcards (I have a creamware pulsar scope card attached internally to this pc)

When I mixdown in Cubase running the MPC as a plugin and outputting via the scope pulsar card there's no glitches or pops whatsoever.