Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Puncher Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:33 pm
hey there

is there no easy way to rearrange pads?
By 64padzzx3 Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:25 pm
You know you can put any sound on any pad right?,or maybe you mean something different you go into more detail so someone can help you.
By vwkountz Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:53 pm
You can rearrange the pad notes 2 ways. First, way is the midi control window this is good for vst drums, so you can set up bank A for most of pads vs. some on bank C and other sounds on bank D. The second way is less known because its in your content folder where your midi files are. There you will find drag and drop pad arrangements. I'm at work now, but I believe they are referred to as scenes. I played with it once, but I don' remember how it worked out for me. I will check when I get home.
By MPC-Tutor Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:32 am
Do you mean something like moving pad A1 (inclusing its sample assignments and settings) to pad A5 etc? To my knowledge, the only way to accomplish this is via the PAD COPY button (SHIFT and PAD ASSIGN), which is a legacy MPC feature.

This method will completely replace the data on the target pad. Ideally I'd like to see a software alternative similar to Maschine, where you can just rearrange the pads by dragging a pad to a new position, it seems to be an obvious feature to have.

Perhaps the target pad could just swap places with the pad being copied (i.e. so A1 is dragged to A5 and A5 automatically moves to A1).
By Puncher Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:26 am
thanks for your replies

MPC-Tutor wrote:Do you mean something like moving pad A1 (inclusing its sample assignments and settings) to pad A5 etc? To my knowledge, the only way to accomplish this is via the PAD COPY button (SHIFT and PAD ASSIGN), which is a legacy MPC feature.

This method will completely replace the data on the target pad. Ideally I'd like to see a software alternative similar to Maschine, where you can just rearrange the pads by dragging a pad to a new position, it seems to be an obvious feature to have.

Perhaps the target pad could just swap places with the pad being copied (i.e. so A1 is dragged to A5 and A5 automatically moves to A1).

that's exactly what i was looking for. as a workaround i used PAD COPY - but the option to just swap A1 with A5 would be nice, especially for choped loops. You can drag a pad on the software to another pad - but there's no drop implemented :(
By 83dude Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:50 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Do you mean something like moving pad A1 (inclusing its sample assignments and settings) to pad A5 etc? To my knowledge, the only way to accomplish this is via the PAD COPY button (SHIFT and PAD ASSIGN), which is a legacy MPC feature.

Just wow, that was new to me. Thanks for that!
By vwkountz Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:32 pm

I think I use the REN as a midi controller way to much, I did not know you could do that with the REN. Makes me wonder what else I'm missing :worthy: :Sigh: :)