Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By SimonInAustralia Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:47 pm
AVENTUS wrote:So is there any actual advantage to OSX users to buy this MPC Ren Plus ? Or will the embedded windows deem in actually incompatible with Mac OSX users ?

Advantage would be that it is standalone.

Who knows what the final product will look like, and be or do.

Sounds like Dan is in the UK with it ...
Pete Goodliffe @petegoodliffe · 5 hours ago

Dan is in the (Akai Cambridge) house! #mpcnextlevelness
By AVENTUS Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:37 pm
Psychlist1972 wrote:
AVENTUS wrote:So is there any actual advantage to OSX users to buy this MPC Ren Plus ? Or will the embedded windows deem in actually incompatible with Mac OSX users ?

I don't speak for AKAI, but there's nothing about Windows Embedded that would affect compatibility with the operating system on your laptop. Previous AKAI devices didn't run OSX or Windows on the silicon, but were compatible with both. :)

Pete
So I'm thinking about returning my ren and waiting a few months to buy this new product. Any timeline for it dropping ? general estimate of a particular quarter in 2015 ?
By AVENTUS Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:39 pm
SimonInAustralia wrote:

Advantage would be that it is standalone.

Who knows what the final product will look like, and be or do.

Sounds like Dan is in the UK with it ...
Pete Goodliffe @petegoodliffe · 5 hours ago

Dan is in the (Akai Cambridge) house! #mpcnextlevelness
Full compatability with my Mac pro desktop and standalone functionality on it's own when travelling, SOUNDS PRETTY GOOD if Akai doesnt' get the cross-compatability improved with it's iMPC range up with the MPC Ren/etc.
By SimonInAustralia Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:42 pm
My guess would be that it might be at least a year off.

Might show it at Summer NAMM, might be available towards the end of next year, knowing the time it takes Akai from showing product until it being available.

With a larger screen and built-in PC mainboard, I would expect at least $1999 MSRP, or more.
By SimonInAustralia Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:44 pm
AVENTUS wrote:Full compatability with my Mac pro desktop and standalone functionality on it's own when travelling, SOUNDS PRETTY GOOD if Akai doesnt' get the cross-compatability improved with it's iMPC range up with the MPC Ren/etc.

I would expect that it would still operate as a controller for MPC Software on an external PC/Mac, as well as it's internal embedded Windows PC, but who knows with Akai, we will have to wait and see.
By Psychlist1972 Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:48 pm
AVENTUS wrote:
Psychlist1972 wrote:

I don't speak for AKAI, but there's nothing about Windows Embedded that would affect compatibility with the operating system on your laptop. Previous AKAI devices didn't run OSX or Windows on the silicon, but were compatible with both. :)

Pete
So I'm thinking about returning my ren and waiting a few months to buy this new product. Any timeline for it dropping ? general estimate of a particular quarter in 2015 ?

IMO, it's always better to make music with what you have, and chase/evaluate the next big thing later.

That's not at all a comment on what AKAI is working on, but just a general comment on music technology.

Pete
By Coz Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:40 am
SimonInAustralia wrote:Might show it at Summer NAMM, might be available towards the end of next year, knowing the time it takes Akai from showing product until it being available.

You'll know when it's 'imminent' because that tit Jerome will be here under a different user name hyping it up. :wink: