Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By fluxsta Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:04 am
Probably a totally newbie question but what the hell man?? My Ren is totally locked at a BPM of 123? Its doesn't matter what I do it simply stays at that tempo? What am I missing??? Driving me nuts
By fluxsta Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:17 am
Ha ha no I FEEL like I should know what is going on man?? Nothing..... Stays locked to 123. When not playing I can change the tempo but it goes back to 123 bpm when I click start again?? I have no idea
By Lampdog Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:55 pm
fluxsta wrote:When not playing I can change the tempo but it goes back to 123 bpm when I click start again??

Sounds like the problem may be inside your sequencer?!

Go into STEP EDIT and check around at the very beginning of your sequence, look at all the events that are there, note, programs changes, anything. Also check the very end of the sequence making sure that you can still see every event that could have been placed into the sequencer.
By fluxsta Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:27 pm
Thanks Lamp, will look man. Working right now but will look later. On my MPC2000xl there is obviously a master section where you set the default tempo, but the Renaissance doesn't have this function far as I can see.
By fluxsta Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:28 pm
pituchez wrote:what in the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!
haha

hmm
dont know what it could be ;\
you on mpc ren/studio

what os?!

Renaissance
OS won't matter, same as it ever was. Had three programs running. once I switched programs from 1 to 3 it stuck at 123bpm. Rebooted computer and Renaissance multiple times and got same thing? No significant changes to computer and sure as hell am steering clear of Yosemite on the Mac so it isn't that. Totally out of the blue
By Lampdog Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:10 pm
I don't have Ren so I can't say for sure.

fluxsta wrote:When not playing I can change the tempo but it goes back to 123 bpm when I click start again??

That what made me think seq step edit.
By fluxsta Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:21 pm
Lampdog wrote:I don't have Ren so I can't say for sure.

That what made me think seq step edit.

Good call on that. I reckon my kids been pressing things again they don't understand? Weird that it would do it again after I powered on and off though? Unless it saves settings between switching on an off? I hadn't saved any work? Anyway will
Look when home . Thanks
By dazastah Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:25 pm
Yep i started thinking automated tempo change, but i dont think you can do that? or can you?

Maybe something to do with the sync settings? do you have other gear hooked up to the ren via midi? I'm not sure if midi clock sends tempo info? If say the ren is slaving(by accident)
I'm not sure on this...
By 83dude Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:34 am
Go to preferences and remove all RECIEVE ticks in the Sync tab.

Did this help?
By fluxsta Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:07 pm
83dude wrote:Go to preferences and remove all RECIEVE ticks in the Sync tab.

Did this help?

Word.....my mistake, my microbrute was sending midi out :-0 DOH :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks all.....legends :worthy: :worthy:
By pituchez Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:38 pm

Did this help?

damn..krazy..now i know if this ever happens to me

thanx 80 third!
By deejay Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:23 am

Did this help?

Thanks so much- this helped!
Additionally, I had to not only remove the tick at "receive mmc" but also set "receive" to "off".