Bug reports & end-user tech support for Akai's generation of MPC Software 'controllers' - MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & MPC Studio.
By Louie lou Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:03 pm
What else did you think I was talking about. I know the trolls are going to make it look like something else's, but I think this is a legit question due to the new MPC capabilities. I know you will be selling your own packs. Lol .
User avatar
By MPC-Tutor Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:39 pm
Louie lou wrote:What else did you think I was talking about. I know the trolls are going to make it look like something else's, but I think this is a legit question due to the new MPC capabilities. I know you will be selling your own packs. Lol .


I wasn't referring to your post, I was referring to the post immediately after yours that already had a download link to a Loopmasters kit that the they guy had just re-saved in MPC expansion format.

As I said, if people want to share their own stuff, i.e. creations they own the rights to, they are more than welcome.

But true to form (based on the many failed attempts over the years to encourage legal kit sharing), the first post is infringing someone's rights.

This has absolutely nothing to do with me selling my own packs, this is about keeping this forum legal.
By Louie lou Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:51 pm
Ok, it looked like someone wanted the thread deleted or something. Lol.

I was ready for the flame war on why this thread should not be deleted.

Have a merry Xmas and a happy new year folks.
By Eyalc Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:47 pm
This potential pirating is precisely why this whole implementation by Akai was :hmmm: and :WTF: .

Just my opinion, but to me it wasn't time well-spent. Even though most of the features they're implementing aren't high on my list, I would have rather seen them focus on advanced sampling capabilities, audio tracks, plugin usefulness, and these other features everyone are asking for. I get it, some people think it's cool, and that's fine. But if I were a vendor of samples, sounds, etc, I'd be pretty annoyed that Akai made it easier to pirate my stuff. Not that it couldn't be pirated before. But the world doesn't need another vehicle to make it happen.

What did they think was going to happen? Guaranteed a crap-ton of these "expansion packs" are just going to be some company's libraries packaged and passed off as original. If you're going about it legit, creating your own sounds, props to you. But most people, imo, just like the second poster, and that other guy that got busted from the screenshot, are just going to rehash commercial library sounds and pass them around the MPC community. Akai essentially created another vehicle that impacts sample vendor revenue.
By aldred411 Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:25 pm
Can we sample drum machines or analog synth drum sounds and post them
Can we sample vst of drum maschine etc and make kits from them
By pituchez Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:35 pm
haha

**** i download mad "legal" expansion packs.just google them or pm me for links..

the only one i would support if i had money would be mpc tutors..i havent even heard them. but just for the fact that this forum exists and its been good to me and its helpful to a lot of othe rpeople

other then that..**** that ****..
those bastards making kits and selling em and **** are making mad money from their songs/albums/featurings/and god damned expansion packs.
User avatar
By kneebone77 Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:08 pm
^^^What's wrong with making money from work that you do? :hmmm:
By pituchez Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:12 pm
nothing..

im just saying..i aint got money for that sht..so i download it..

ive been trying to buy mpc tutors sampling laid bare for a few months now and i still havent been able too..let alone buy packs..**** that noise.

i hope i do get his book before the month is over though
User avatar
By kneebone77 Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:28 pm
pituchez wrote:those bastards making kits and selling em and **** are making mad money from their songs/albums/featurings/and god damned expansion packs.


The way you put this could lead one to think that you mad at it... Just Sayin...
By aldred411 Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:29 pm
I don't suppose u make a great deal of money from kits with time spent ,overheads ,so to have people pass them around to complete strangers on the net must be very annoying . Esp when they start bragging about it on your forum .
By Heavie Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:50 pm
I can see if, If I was trying sell the expansion. I was only posting as a test to see if everything works on my end.

I was not trying to troll or start a illegal ring for samples. But if you notice the expansion builder has a slot for the manufacturer name.
By Heavie Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:13 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
Louie lou wrote:What else did you think I was talking about. I know the trolls are going to make it look like something else's, but I think this is a legit question due to the new MPC capabilities. I know you will be selling your own packs. Lol .


I wasn't referring to your post, I was referring to the post immediately after yours that already had a download link to a Loopmasters kit that the they guy had just re-saved in MPC expansion format.

As I said, if people want to share their own stuff, i.e. creations they own the rights to, they are more than welcome.

But true to form (based on the many failed attempts over the years to encourage legal kit sharing), the first post is infringing someone's rights.

This has absolutely nothing to do with me selling my own packs, this is about keeping this forum legal.


I say again, I purchase this expansion from loopmasters for maschine and I finally got around to porting the samples over for the mpc softwareand while I was doing so, I was checking how to make a mpc expansion. The link was to my dropbox, not a torrent or a ftp server.

You might aswell not share any expansion here, because every sample is now part of somebody work. Either it comes from a song, shared or purchased. Even loopmasters and others are selling sample from someone work. Who around to see if it's legit.