Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Louie lou Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:31 pm
I'm not calling anyone in particular a troll. I saw the word "Deleted" and taught I was being flamed for this post. I didn't know that Admin deleted the post then put "Deleted" in its place.
By MPC-Tutor Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:44 pm
Heavie wrote:But if you notice the expansion builder has a slot for the manufacturer name.

If you think it's okay to buy a commercial samplepack and share it via your dropbox so other people can have it for free, that's your choice, just don't do it around here. Not interested in the endless justifications, it is what is is and it's something I've never allowed around here. Plenty of other places to do that.

I think it's odd that people seem to think that by creating an expansion builder, Akai are somehow encouraging samplepack piracy, how messed up is that picture?

Surely the 'default' assumption is that they are encouraging you to create expansion packs from your own sounds - i.e. YOU are the manufacturer, so you put YOUR name in the manufacturer box.

Last I looked, the MPC has got some pretty decent sound design features, coupled with some home brew synth experiments, your own recordings, effects etc and you have the beginnings of your own expansion pack. Let's see what you lot can actually do with an MPC.
By kneebone77 Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:48 pm
^^^

:nod: :nod: :nod:

MPC-Tutor wrote:Surely the 'default' assumption is that they are encouraging you to create expansion packs from your own sounds - i.e. YOU are the manufacturer, so you put YOUR name in the manufacturer box.
By kneebone77 Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:51 pm
It's only sharing when it's yours to begin with. Otherwise your giving away the intellectual property of someone else.
I cannot "share" Taco Bells food with you...
By pituchez Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:25 am
kneebone77 wrote:It's only sharing when it's yours to begin with. Otherwise your giving away the intellectual property of someone else.
I cannot "share" Taco Bells food with you...

**** does food have to do with intellectual property? haha omfg..

and yes you can share taco bells food..you buy it and eat it and shit it or do what ever the **** you want with it after they give it to you...
By kneebone77 Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:50 am
I Knew my statement was Troll Bait... :Sigh:
By pk1 Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:49 pm
my brother is a clepto. There are a couple of problems in the way the brain is firing. and you all have seen them spoke here in this thread.

one of the big thoughts are" forget them man, they got money i don't"

oh i herd another. "they no we gonna steal dis shit. they got insurance plans set up for that!"

'its not stealing if i bought it!" how can someone expect respect of intellectual property, with no intellect to respect one self? "**** yeah man, shit god damn!"

the big one! "i don't care" but turns around and wants assistance from the people he "don't care bout"

There are allot of really broke people out there growing up with really broke parents. The kids hear these statements spoke from their parents regarding the food stamps. and the welfare that pays the rent or power bills. Most people on welfare are stealing. and doing it angrily like "i deserve better" i deserve this". yet made all the wrong turns at the Y presented in their lives. and are just angry.

most people steal for the maliciousness of it, second for personal wants. rarely for the need.

point: thats because stealing is what very ignorant selfish people do. If a person is made to work hard for something and shown what the reward really was. there would be little room for such self dishonor.

thanks tutor for your hard work.. i do appreciate it. so do my drums :mrgreen:
By pituchez Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:29 pm
i agree with some of that..

i dont "steal" shit for anh of those reasons..
i mean..beside the not having money part. plus i said they should support mpc tutor..just for the fact that this forum is good..and has been so good to me even though i am one of the most hated peeps here.. and it has helped peeps before and will help peeps after me..dont know if he has money or not..but hsit..all the lil books and samples and shit he puts out...are hard work anyways..aybe not phisically but it takes a wile to make em..with that being said..

i aint buying shit cuz i aint got money..but if you can then do it..
im actually gona try to get that mpc tutor book this month though..ahahha

also ivory king..share the luv with me..thx
By THE ADVERSARY Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:09 pm
The reality of it all is if you don't have money to buy something you have 2 choices;
make the money for the purchase or do without it.

I just love how people steal software or sounds then make a song and want someone to pay for it.

It's not about whether or not someone works hard to make something, they could have a machine that does it.
The point is it belongs to them.

Sad this thread has been about many things but not someone actually sharing a pack. :(
By kneebone77 Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:58 pm
Welfare has nothing to do with it.
I was raised on it growing up and I still don't have allot of money now.
I would assume that guy "D" has much more access to money then me at the moment. But I was taught that if you want people to value you for your skills, art, creations, effort, etc. that you have to put the same energy out there when it comes to others.
I know how the internet works, I know how to pirate. But honestly I really see no purpose for it, there is vast multitude of high quality freebies floating around.
If I "need" something outside of that I just save up and pay for it. I pay for it because I want to acknowledge it's value to me and acknowledge it's creator through exchange.

THE ADVERSARY wrote:Sad this thread has been about many things but not someone actually sharing a pack. :(

+1
By pituchez Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:35 pm
THE ADVERSARY wrote:The reality of it all is if you don't have money to buy something you have 2 choices;
make the money for the purchase or do without it.

I just love how people steal software or sounds then make a song and want someone to pay for it.

It's not about whether or not someone works hard to make something, they could have a machine that does it.
The point is it belongs to them.

Sad this thread has been about many things but not someone actually sharing a pack. :(

hahaha..wow. i actually agree with that "stealing software and then trying to sell a song".

there is packs being shared..but not on this site..the sharing moved onto facebook since mpc tutor pretty much shut that shit down!
By Shahabodinn Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:58 am
I've stated it before and my post got removed.

all copyright material is subject to fair use. That's means you have a right to copy and modify anything you purchase. You can't resell it unless it's substantially different, but you can absolutely share it for non commercial purposes.
By MPC-Tutor Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:36 pm
Shahabodinn wrote:I've stated it before and my post got removed.

all copyright material is subject to fair use. That's means you have a right to copy and modify anything you purchase. You can't resell it unless it's substantially different, but you can absolutely share it for non commercial purposes.

You absolutely do not know what you are talking about, and certainly can't speak for the different copyright laws globally.

Anyway, the 'law' on this privately run site is that there is no file sharing of third party copyrighted materials, so that's the end of that.