Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By sbtst6 Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:04 pm
Was wondering is it possible to use Logic Pro as a Sound Module with the MPC Ren/Studio?

If so, could some body possibly point me in the right direction to setting of how to set this up?

I see that it was possible with the Hardware MPC, but not quite sure as to if this could work with the Ren/Studio. (Tried translate and apply to the Ren/Studio, but NO Luck)

Many Thanks for any help!
By mr3rown Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:44 pm
As it stands the appropriate route is to have the MPC loaded as a VST in logic, but you can have the MPC trigger MIDI instruments in Logic if this is what you are requiring (externally or internally, it just a matter of understanding the concept of MIDI), however just out of curiosity what is it you trying to achieve exactly, what is the task you want to accomplish by doing this?
By sbtst6 Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:59 pm
@mr3rown

Reason for using as a sound module, would be to use logicpro sounds, do all of my sequencing of those sounds with the MPC sequencer. Instead of using 2 separate sequencers. Kind of like how you are able to use Reason as a sound module with the MPC Ren/Studio with the Rewire VST. Plus i know the MPC sequencer in and out from using it for many, many years.
By MPC-Tutor Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:02 pm
For MPC standalone triggering a software instrument in Logic (or any DAW), set the DAW to use the IAC driver for incoming MIDI, MPC Software to use IAC for outgoing MIDI. Match MIDI channels on your MPC and DAW track like you would normally.

Just make sure you have the latest MPC USB driver installed - in Mavericks it wasn't working until I installed that and rebooted. I've had this working in Logic & Live, so would assume it will work with any DAW.
By sbtst6 Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:46 pm
Hello,

Got it working! But the only problem i have run into, is that i am not able to record separate instruments on separate midi channels. Example: I have the Rhodes sequence recorded on Midi channel 1 in the MPC. Then i add a 2nd instrument for midi channel 2 (bass). What happens is that even though i set the separate midi channels, it will only play 1 instrument/Sound at a time.

Is it possible to get everything separate and on its own channels?

Many Thanks for the Help!!!!
By freejamiej Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:20 am
I did this and got it working, but for some reason when using it to trigger a drum track, it doesn't trigger all the available sounds, only some of them. Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Running logic pro X 10.7.7 and mpc2 latest version, also latest firmware on my mpc.

Lastly, how do I export the tracks I've created using logics sounds and bring them into mpc2?

Basically, I'm wanting to create music on my mpc/mpc2 set up but also use logics sounds bank.