Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Jayson Wonder Fri May 08, 2015 4:28 pm
I am playing around with making my own expansion packs. It is pretty easy and I can see the benefits of using these in my own work flow. I do have a question though; What does Name Separator do? When making these packs it is the entry field just before selecting content folder (looks like it is the the latest version only).

Thanks,
By pk1 Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:00 am
wanted to bring this thread back for my question regarding the expansion builder...
I too have experimented with the "name separator" option as well. nothing happens. anybody have any luck with that?

My question:
Been building expansion packs out of my sample library today. just some of the main libraries i frequent.
I built one for RAWCUTZ - Super pack. it was 2.99gb. Its the largest i have made so far. Ive done plenty of gig and change size ones but this one won't load.
Anybody heard of a size cap on building the Expansions?
By pk1 Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:22 pm
perfect! thanks brotha
By alchemistrpm Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:28 am
Just use a hyphen "-"
It's used for the tagging system in MPC software.
By iKruzz Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:30 am
Hello everyone, sorry to rewrite the thread, I have a question about the MPC Expansion Builder, when I create a library and put the (-) for the folders, it does not respect the original name of the folders and sorts them in alphabetical order, ( a, b, c, etc) according to the name of the samples, I have seen some user who does have the folders ordered by sound, (Kicks, snares, oneshot, etc), how do I have to make it respect the original names? , a greeting from Spain
By liedermusic Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:30 am
pk1 wrote:wanted to bring this thread back for my question regarding the expansion builder...
I too have experimented with the "name separator" option as well. nothing happens. anybody have any luck with that?

My question:
Been building expansion packs out of my sample library today. just some of the main libraries i frequent.
I built one for RAWCUTZ - Super pack. it was 2.99gb. Its the largest i have made so far. Ive done plenty of gig and change size ones but this one won't load.
Anybody heard of a size cap on building the Expansions?

Did you resolve the issue? I have a large expansion pack that won’t work install in the software (xpn from expansion builder) but the standalone works fine (manually added, no expansion builder involved)