Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Colson Gower Tue May 26, 2015 12:58 am
I changed the name of a project and all of the files went missing, and nothing was saved within the project. Why does it do that and is there anyway to get everything back?
By Technician Sun May 31, 2015 1:25 am
Yeah I had the same problem. What I did was change the file back to its original name & missing files reappeared. It seems that once you save a beat you stuck with the name u chose. I recommend just exporting the beat as a preview so u can find it easily when scrolling. Hopefully they fix that. I would like to be able to rename my beat or delete a beat directly from the software.
By 83dude Sun May 31, 2015 6:47 am
It's best to use "Save as..." if you want to rename a beat. It means you need to delete the old files (projet file plus folder) manually but you don't lose your samples.

I think the name of the fsubolder is saved into the project file, too, at leadt when samples are concerned, hence the problems.

I'd suggest to use "Save as..." from time to time anyway as a kind of snapshot. I sometimes save version numbers that way to try out some different things. If something breaks or doesn't work the way I want it I always have another project to go back to.
By KWERTCHA Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:53 pm
Just posting a little tip who might help people out.

This is a very old post but despite this I had the same issue in 2022 :)

Just right click on the project file and open it with Text (Mac)

You'd be able to see the full list of samples used in the project, they contain the original project file name at the beginning of the path.

Copy and paste it back at the original project file and and data folder and you're ready to go :)
By Lampdog Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:27 am
Save a project and filenames are saved with it. IF you rename something, anything, make sure to re-save so the most current filenames are re-saved.

Projects will look for the last saved filenames. This is the same on old to new mpc’s.
By maxpower1122333 Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:05 pm
I was using my MPC in controller mode and I renamed a file folder containing a few projects ( ON PC) , after doing that the folder and everything in it disappeared!!!!! I cant seem to find it!! Can anyone help please!?!?!