Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By 83dude Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:05 pm
Not bad, dustymaestro. Four posts in four minutes, no info, no help, no input.

But back to topic:
I got a Ren before I got the Studio, and I have to admit that I use the Studio more often. Only thing I dislike is that I cannot switch the Q-Links from row to column mode or vice versa when needed.

The Ren's a nice piece of hardware and really great, but much too clunky to handle en route for sketching ideas or when using it in lectures. So as of now I use the Ren at my project studio hooked up to my (rather old) hardware machine, not sporting many plug-ins due to the hardware setup available. The MPC Studio is a great buy, not as expensive, but does need an audio interface, and the one in the Ren is really good. There are many better ones available, but it sound good and gets stuff done.

I'd rather suggest getting both from an understanding retailer and send back the unit you don't want for a refund.
By Destinite Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:23 am
See for me there is no en route - I have a capable laptop but my gear has always been linked up to my main PC.

The Ren did arrive Friday and I got on it without having to look much up at all. This workflow is what I'm used to. So glad I got this and not another maschine, although the MPC software is more crash-prone IMO. If I find myself traveling more I may get the studio, though - I LOVE using the Qlink knobs to trim samples.
By S.N.S. Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:18 pm
I got the studio I love it I have a 5k and it was a bit much to take with me to different studios so I went with something streamline and got the studio I havnt looked back since... Software just makes everything so much easier and the controller keeps the original work flow
By Doc00Cosel Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:28 pm
dustymaestro wrote:
Doc00Cosel wrote:
dustymaestro wrote:I wouldn't trust these dudes more than half of them are shills. The other half are wack.

You are being a Wack Shill. How you gonna talk **** when you don't even have a beat posted up or anything linked to you're name for comparison? :hmmm:

For what? Prove to you that I have my own style, and I lived hip hop in real life? What I actually battled people in real life? Your music is worthless when you put it up there. Ill tell you what, go dig the Fondle em records, go dig thru the Killa Bee catalog. Soundcloud? I put records out 10 years ago.

Right. I post a lot of throwaways on soundcloud so people don't jack my ill shit. I've lived hip hop in real life since the 80's. Tame 1 from the artifacts is my boy, and I'm opening for Styles P on Jan 29. I've actually turned down opening for Cappadonn cuz his manager is a dick. I've chilled and performed with Goretex, Afu-Ra, Cella Dwellas, and too many more to count. I've produced mad albums to the point were I don't even have a solo album out yet. I've been on mixtapes with Biggie. I know this game thru and thru. My boy Split Personality is all over UGHH. I'm not saying I'm famous or no shit like that, but dog, I got a long resume'. You have no style. I will rip and dispose of you in a battle. Don't **** around little man. I don't even like saying this shit but occassionaly I have to son a flowers like you. Now shut up. Type your corny rebuttle and go back to opening for nobody.

And another thing, if your depth only goes as far as Fondle' em, (Which I've personally connected with most of the dudes who passed thru the label.) LOL!! Now that I think of it, one of my first shows I opened up for Yak in NYC. And Killa Bees? Thats Pathetic.

I think without question, you are the Wackest Shill to be on MPC forums.

Homo, you were never on anything to fall off of. You got no better. My picture is the shit too.
By bilposey Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:02 am
mpc studio mk2 all day
very fun and
let me tell you you get gr8 automation
with touchstrip