Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Living Bate Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:32 pm
yeh good move.....I opted for the Ren and I love the fuggin thing.........

I think the Ren will do me for the rest of my days......

I dont get people constantly waiting for new things to drop.......just get on the Ren and start making some fuggin tunes...
By Living Bate Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:11 pm
dustymaestro wrote:There are about 50 Rens on eBay right now...

probably selling it to buy a copy of Hip Hop EJay.....
By Doc00Cosel Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:25 pm
I would definitely say the Ren is my favorite piece of gear. IMO, the workflow fits perfect with my style of making beats. I like to chop up things I find down to like 1/32 of a beat or even more. It would take forever for me trim my chops right but once I got the Ren and used Manual chop, it was a wrap. I can get 128 pcs of a beat in like less than 15 minutes. The Ren just feels faster, and if you are looking for MPC workflow, you can either click the screen or control the software, or just use it like an older MPC.
By Destinite Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:23 am
dustymaestro wrote:I wouldn't trust these dudes more than half of them are shills. The other half are wack.

So say they are shills...what's YOUR input? Totally serious, I'd like to get honest feedback.
By dustymaestro Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:55 am
Destinite wrote:
dustymaestro wrote:I wouldn't trust these dudes more than half of them are shills. The other half are wack.

So say they are shills...what's YOUR input? Totally serious, I'd like to get honest feedback.

I like the MPC workflow myself. If your in a place where you can demo them, why not try them all out? Some stores have a money back guarantee.

Honestly, if you think Maschine is too complicated and you want a MPC, get a 60.
By Doc00Cosel Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:21 pm

You are being a Wack Shill. How you gonna talk shit when you don't even have a beat posted up or anything linked to you're name for comparison? :hmmm:
By pspsounds Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:06 pm
I spent a few days making music on a maschine. But when I got back on the Ren it reminded me of how well it works as a sequencer and overall workflow. Some features are really good like being able to drag an mp3 straight to a pad and start chopping, timestretching(slept on) or looping right away.

Ok now back to my lazy chopping.
By Nubian Mindz Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:56 pm
It's already been said but it's worth repeating.
The MPC Workflow just can't be touched.
It is unbelievably quick!
By MPD MPK RAY Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:42 pm
dustymaestro ........ is not helping our Renaissance forum. dustymaestro goes in and starts an argument and not helping anyone with information. I can see now some are not here to advance the mpc SOFTWARE. He is a few people on here slowing us down; go look what he did in my thread about 3 new akai products. awful lonely is dustymaestro. go get off the drugs boy boy!
By dustymaestro Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:53 pm
Doc00Cosel wrote:

You are being a Wack Shill. How you gonna talk **** when you don't even have a beat posted up or anything linked to you're name for comparison? :hmmm:

For what? Prove to you that I have my own style, and I lived hip hop in real life? What I actually battled people in real life? Your music is worthless when you put it up there. Ill tell you what, go dig the Fondle em records, go dig thru the Killa Bee catalog. Soundcloud? I put records out 10 years ago.
By dustymaestro Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:55 pm
Doc00Cosel wrote:

You are being a Wack Shill. How you gonna talk **** when you don't even have a beat posted up or anything linked to you're name for comparison? :hmmm:

Pfff you actually want to post that soundcloud link? Waste of time.