Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By bobbybland Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:25 pm
Is it possible to get midi out of the mpc software so in other words while in the daw, say i want to sequence in the daw, instead of using the mpc for sequences. I just want to tap the pads, and them send midi out, but while using the mpc software, for my programs..

Is this possible to do yet, i know it wasn't 4 years ago, but i'm assuming AKAI has a way now ? like N.I. Maschine ?
By phx_chronic Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:53 am
Ugh. This is such a sore subject for me. I've been wanting this for a minute and everyone either doesn't get what I'm saying or doesn't care about it.

As far as I can tell the answer is, weirdly, no.

I just had this exchange on the official Akai support forum:

http://community.akaipro.com/akai_profe ... tudio-pads

So, I guess that's a no.

My thing is, like it sounds like you wanna do, to sequence and make beats in FL but use the MPC plugin to chop and manipulate sample and drums and then be able to tap the pads to record into the DAW sequencer. I can't believe this hasn't been resolved, man.

There's a work around to do it, which I've been doing, though.

You just go to the 'MIDI Control' mode on the plugin and select the "Classic MPC.mcn" file in your MPC Content folder under "MIDI Control Scenes".

Once you do that you just toggle back and forth to the other modes and just hit the MIDI Control mode when your ready to record.

It's totally dumb and kind of a pain in the ass but not too bad for me as I'm only using, like, one for chopped samples and one for some drums or a break. BTW I'm using MPC Essentials when I do this so I can have multiple instances.

All I'm saying is that there should be an option in the preferences like "send pad midi to daw sequencer or MPC sequencer". I don't know shit about programming though. Does that seem possible?
By bobbybland Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:07 am
akai seriously needs better dev's i mean this is midi we're talking about here!
By dustymaestro Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:13 am
Actually, I don't get it. The way you guys work is unorthodox. If I wanted to use another daw, I would just get a midi controller. There's also midi mode on the MPC controllers. What I'm hearing is you want to use the MPC as a sound module, midi controller and wave editor. You might as well do as it was intended to do and learn to use the sequencer.

I cant nswer your sequencing questions, my main studio has been down since January, I have been traveling just with the Touch and a Roli Rise.

Your chopping samples in the MPC and wanting to send out midi to FL only to send it back to the MPC? Save yourself the latency...
By bobbybland Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:43 am
I've used mpcs for close to 15 years, I know very well how to use the sequencer. Your shut up and do it this way,comments are pretty annoying.

We're trying to open another dialogue for a feature, we want to see happen. If you don't prefer this way to work,simply move on.

There are times users want to use the mpc as a sound module depending on what we're doing at the time. And no midi mode will not work as we would have been fine if it did.

On the mpc 4000, there was a way to select a program and send it out via different midi channels, this is what we're requesting. Real time midi from the pads!

Thanks
By dustymaestro Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:46 am
There's a feature request page, you don't want dialogue, you want to do it your way. Which when critiqued you take offense.

You try to make it simple and say you want to send out midi. That's not the entire thing your trying to achieve. Your creating a sort of midi loop to send it back into the MPC software. Which at this point doesn't make much sense.

My previous job was sorting out requests from people. Usually when people do that it's because there's a feature in the other daw they like. Instead of asking for that specific feature they make it more complicated.
By phx_chronic Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:45 pm
How is it creating a midi loop? Once the notes are in the DAW sequencer they're just triggering the sounds in the MPC plugin, right?

Honestly, I would just say **** it and use something else, but the MPC software is the best option for chopping and manipulating samples for me. No other plugin can chop samples and make a program quicker or better than the MPC software, imo. And yeah, I've used MPCs for like 10 years so I know how to work the sequencer fine. I still use the standalone software sometimes for simpler boom bap type shit but the truth is FL's sequencer and ability to arrange songs are light years ahead of the MPC.

Also, I would just say **** it and trigger the notes with my midi keyboard but, as far as I know, the MPC doesn't give you an option to change the midi note numbers so they're all over the place on the keyboard.

I mean, I got a work around that works ok for me but it just seems so easy to have an option to send the midi with the pads without being in MIDI control mode...
By dustymaestro Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:17 pm
phx_chronic wrote:How is it creating a midi loop? Once the notes are in the DAW sequencer they're just triggering the sounds in the MPC plugin, right?

You said "once the notes". :wink:
You don't see that your triggering notes from the mpc pads to another daw back to the MPC? You don't monitor? Ahh ok you mouse click notes in...

Im going to give you guys the benefit of the doubt, what's so good about that method or other sequencer?

EDIT: actually if you guys mouse click notes in, that is making more sense as to why you guys do it that way.
By bobbybland Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:58 am
Have you ever used programs such as battery? I'm assuming you have.. The point some end users are trying to make is simple. We have programs,drum kits or chopped samples, that while we're in our daw, we simply want to sequence these using our mpc's pads,but using the daws sequencer at times. Sure it may not be your preferred method, but to others it may very well be.

For example, when using a hardware Mpc, this works no problem. All we're asking for is, to allow end users the ability to send midi over pads, the option to choose if we want to sequence using our daws sequencer, or the mpc.

The request is simple and straight forward, we're not asking for anything that isn't already possible in hardware mpcs, or need I say, better yet the competition, such as Maschine. The request has been sent to Akai for years, as I noticed it as soon as I brought my ren home many years ago and quickly contacted Akai tech support and they made mention of adding it in a future release.

There are different workflows for each end user, and sometimes using the daws sequencer is perfect sometimes using the mpc's is. The point is, the option to do so is all we're asking for.

Hope this clears it up, and many of us have many years of experience on mpc's, to which,some feel the shock once they realize the mpc software doesn't allow this. it should be an option, it's really a simple feature that would make alot of folks appreciate it.

https://16squarez.com/product/custom-mp ... d-creeper/

If you look closely at the screen on this Mpc 5000, you will notice a Drum program is selected. Theres also on the bottom right an option send this program out to different midi channels, this is all we're asking ;)

Well known hip hop producer by the name of Swizz Beats in an interview mentioned how he came up with some of his idea's he told the interviewer he layered his drum programs with different sound modules, etc. This isn't exactly possible with the current Mpc software, in terms of realtime midi out of pads,and it should be..
Again not trying to beat a dead horse, but some of us use different methods to achieve our own sound.

Thanks for reading.
By Orphew Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:17 am
It's not only annoying and ridiculous but also disturbing and really worrying about modern times mentality to find again this kind of attitude and lack of real answer to an OBVIOUS request and function existing in ANY other "intended" MPC Style machine, but what is worst, in 2016 virtual-digital world and sequencing!

Mainly considering the SHAME that MPC soft represents as a DAW...IT'S SIMPLY AT LIGHYEARS to be a real 2016 DAW...and AKAI/NUMARK is completely unable to reach those standards...lack of capacities and deep intentional idiocy in terms of clients and markets.

So, again, in October 2016, keep reading the kind of silly justifications (from AKAI flying monkeys or official notes) about the typical excuses, superiority discourses, alternative ways to the REAL point of view, and pointing OUR PROBLEM---that we don't know how to use a MPC, or our real need only of midi controllers...or whatever cobblers we have to keep reading...not understanding the simpliest functioning mechanism of a concept like this in modern production (like the audio tracks, the VST managing, the automations...ETC in previous phases)...and not commercially limiting products...is PATHETIC.

It would be like any modern synth maker, or VST designer not allowing the MIDI to do MIDI stuff with the PC, the DAW, or any intended interphasing that is expected in such product: A VIRTUAL MPC CONCEPT IN SOFT; AS VST OR STANDALONE...in 2016. Midi transmission and sequencing in the reference DAW of ANY CLIENT, is a MUST. Having to explain this is a sad shipwreck.

It's malicious and cinic (but in the kind of Dr Evil ridiculous way) to put this as unintended, missunderstandable or difficult to get, only our particular rage ...and in our side of the lacking.

AKAI not doing this is only a way to try to sell you both products (MPC and midi controllers)...and it's ABSURD to limit the new MPCs in this sense...for the last 4 years!!!

You and your flying monkeys deserve the total bankruptcy...that Numark is trying to reach with all the Dumb Transnational decisions and strategies.
By greavous420 Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:34 am
This is done so easily in reaper. Just set each midi track in mpc to a different midi channel then route that from your mpc track in repear to the track you have a vst on(work pretty similar with external synths as well) . I spent so long trying to do this in logic pro x and had it running in 15 mins in reaper and bought it then and there!

Stop blaming akai for this and blame your daw instead!
By Bain Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:55 pm
Once audio tracks are implemented I believe the need to do this will cease to exist. I wanted to use maschine and Ren like this inside of my Daw which is possible but a pain in the ass to setup. The Ren is the best feeling drum midi controller ever but song mode is a dated way of arranging a song. People want a linear view of the music they are working on.