Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By dustymaestro Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:46 pm
Speak for yourself, song mode is good that way. I wouldn't mind some improvements, but to change it around would make it something else.

I have friend that gets confused when looking at Live's session view, which operates sort of like MPC song mode. Same guy who though patch bays reversed things. :lol:
By Bain Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:36 pm
dustymaestro wrote:Speak for yourself, song mode is good that way. I wouldn't mind some improvements, but to change it around would make it something else.

I have friend that gets confused when looking at Live's session view, which operates sort of like MPC song mode. Same guy who though patch bays reversed things. :lol:

Akai doesn't have to change song mode, there are those that like to work the old way in 2016. Just give us an arrangement view with audio tracks.
By dustymaestro Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:34 pm
Bain wrote:
dustymaestro wrote:Speak for yourself, song mode is good that way. I wouldn't mind some improvements, but to change it around would make it something else.

Akai doesn't have to change song mode, there are those that like to work the old way in 2016. Just give us an arrangement view with audio tracks.

The old way? Linear sequencing was before the MPC.

Even when you look at a musical staff it is left to right then down.
By dazastah Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:37 am
For those that want to use the plugin as a sound module you will only get one track to sequence from your daw anyway. The mpc software isn't a multi timbral plugin... So if you go and make multiple drum pgms in the mpc software, then try and use your daw to sequence those independently(as tracks) it wont work.. All midi sent back to the mpc plugin will only sequence the currently selected track in the mpc software plugin...

It's no use getting angry about why akai wont, haven't or refused to implement it, rather you just have to use the work around or other products that will do it for you ... :-D Find the tools that make your music making fun.

The other work around is using the mpc essentials plugin single track and use multiple instances...
By bobbybland Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:27 pm
2022 and Akai still hasn't fixed this bug! What a shame, that they call themselves software dev''s
By 83dude Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:43 am
That's not a bug, that's how software instrument tracks work. They accept MIDI in, but provide audio out. Those instrument tracks are just a convenient way merging a MIDI track exclusively sending MIDI to your plugin and an audio track returning its' sound.

You'd want to change the architecture of your DAW, not your plugin. Read up on VST- or AU-hosts and architecture and you'll see why that'll never work. Ever wondered why for certain plugin there's an FX version? That's because they're loaded on a track getting audio in AND out.

To achieve what you want you should create a MIDI or instrument track track in your DAW and a corresponding MIDI track in your standalone MPC, connecting them accordingly. Additionally you'd need an audio track for your MPC's internal audio output connecting it respectively to your interface. That way you could sequence your DAW's instruments etc. while using MPC's MIDI track and listen to your internal audio from MPC via an audio (or aux) input. Either way I'd suggest using MIDI Clock to have them run in sync.