Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By lesterdiamond Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:43 pm
HELLO, AS FAR AS I KNOW THE MPC RENAISSANCE SHOULD EXPORT INDIVIDUAL TRACKS FOR TRANSFERRING TO A DAW.

I AM ON 1.9 AND THE SOFTWARE WILL NOT EXPORT INDIVIDUAL TRACKS ONLY THE TWO MIX.

THERE IS NO OPTION TO EXPORT INDIVIDUAL TRACKS ONLY PROGRAMS

IS THIS A LOST FEATURE?
By Nubian Mindz Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:59 pm
This is not a problem for the Renaissance.

Before you bounce your mixdown explode all tracks. (file>export>audio mixdown>explode tracks)
I also select 'export returns' so my effects returns are bounced as separate audio tracks.
Choose what audio settings suit you (I use 24bit/44.1khz/WAV)
Once you've finished with your settings hit export and you will see it bouncing each separate track.
Yes...this can take a while if you have a lot of tracks and sounds but it's worth it in the long run.
By kingP1n Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:50 pm
and you have to make a program for every sound you want on a seperate track. which **** annoys the shit out of me. specially when i have to explode a drum kit and make a freakign program for every sound. :x
By dreadtafarian Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:42 pm
kingP1n wrote:and you have to make a program for every sound you want on a seperate track. which **** annoys the **** out of me. specially when i have to explode a drum kit and make a freakign program for every sound. :x

it can be annoying i know, but on the other hand look at all the benefits that you get from having separate programs, even more copies of the same if needed
- separate effects not just program but all effect slots
- different reverb can be used for snares and different one for hi-hats while taxing the cpu less (using less instances of the same program effects)
- different filters used on the same sample
- also one day if you're planning on buying 32 output interface or you're visiting a studio that has it, you can route all of the programs separately using that interface in which case the ren would be used as a controller

this was a way for me to avoid filling the ram memory with samples on mpc 1000. program duplicate requires couple of kb while having two copies of all samples just seems as an unnecessary burden to the already limited ram on standalone units.

this is in my opinion the fastest and the easiest way of making beats but definitely the hardest to master.once you master it you'll be making killer beats using only 2 mb of ram, i'd dare saying even be able to squeeze the whole album into the 32mb of ram(MPC 3000 and 2000) with some clever use of programs. as i've read somewhere in the forum "out of limitation comes creativity"

i was making a reggae beat, then decided to use the same samples for a rap beat, copied the programs played around with the settings and made an instrumental which sounded noting like the reggae tune that i made using all the same samples etc. just relax think about it for a while and you'll find a way how to incorporate it into your workflow
By MPC-Tutor Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:16 pm
No need to make a program for each sound, but you would make a unique track for each instrument. Convert your song to a sequence and select the explode tracks option in the mixdown screen.

Hoping they sort out song mode to allow full explode direct along with channel mixer integration, seems backwards to create a song and then have to convert to a sequence to do anything useful with it.
By MarcAnthony Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:50 am
Hello there. I pray all is well with you and your family during these COVID times. So my issue is when I export as audio mixdown > expolde track(s), some of the tracks are missing sound. Specifically, all the sounds from my drum program do not have sound. It seems to be sporadic, the hihat track exports correctly but my kick and snare have no sound. This is increasingly frustrating. Please help!!