Bug reports & end-user tech support for Akai's generation of MPC Software 'controllers' - MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & MPC Studio.
By C_Townsend Sun May 08, 2016 7:22 am
Picked up a MPC Studio Black and having issues using and loading the factory samples. When browsing samples they don't they aren't "auditioning" while I scroll through them and if I drag a folder of sounds or even an individual sound and drop it onto a pad it doesn't appear in the sample window in the lower right corner of the MPC Software...

Have done a bunch of google searches and watched a several youtube tutorials and can't seem to find anything that addresses a problem like this. In all the tutorials you can hear each sample while scrolling through them and if you drop the samples on the pad they appear in the lower right corner of the software. Just to clarify I can hear metronone clicks so it doesn't appear to be an audio issue
By C_Townsend Sun May 08, 2016 7:50 am
UPDATE: Apparently it's only "the809" and "theBank" that won't drag and drop onto pads. I'm having success dragging and dropping other sounds like the Legacy MPC sounds... *BUT* sounds still won't "audition" as I scroll through them which is obviously incredibly frustrating
User avatar
By MPC-Tutor Sun May 08, 2016 9:20 am
The bank and the 809 are plugins, you cannot drag/drop these, you gave to load a patch via a plugin track.

As for hearing normal samples when selected in the browser, you have to engage the audition button at the bottom of browser.

Check out the book in my signature for mpc studio tutorials - I cover the use of the browser (including auditioning) in chapter 1 - http://www.mpc-samples.com/product.php/ ... laid-bare/
By Dope806 Sun May 08, 2016 7:35 pm
kaydigi wrote:All these selfish people with a Black Studio and not one video posted....... snobs!!!!

Seen one on YouTube yesterday. Seemed pretty dope dude got down
By kaydigi Sun May 08, 2016 7:58 pm
Dope806 wrote:
kaydigi wrote:All these selfish people with a Black Studio and not one video posted....... snobs!!!!

Seen one on YouTube yesterday. Seemed pretty dope dude got down


Just watched an unboxing vid, man those q link knobs look terrific. Now to contact mpc stuff about a conversion kit.
By Dope806 Sun May 08, 2016 10:55 pm
kaydigi wrote:
Laz wrote:to silver, and thin buttons ?



Nah man they are suppose to carry pieces to convert from silver to black

By the time that happens. I just sold my studio and ordered a touch
By kaydigi Mon May 09, 2016 12:51 am
Dope806 wrote:
kaydigi wrote:
Laz wrote:to silver, and thin buttons ?



Nah man they are suppose to carry pieces to convert from silver to black

By the time that happens. I just sold my studio and ordered a touch


Yeah, I have a Touch also. The Studio stays in the car with a tablet, I can't justify a full black studio purchase though, the touch is a really good controller.
By golem Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:19 am
I deleted a file that appeared temporary at the top of the list of drum kits
Now I get no audition as I scroll through
I have audition set to sync and auto
No sound for any kits
They will load normally but I can’t hear the audition in the browser screen PLEASE HELP!!
By golem Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:19 am
golem wrote:I deleted a file that appeared temporary at the top of the list of drum kits
Now I get no audition as I scroll through
I have audition set to sync and auto
No sound for any kits
They will load normally but I can’t hear the audition in the browser screen PLEASE HELP!!