Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By konc3pt Thu May 19, 2016 6:18 pm
was just checking out push videos and what live can do with audio and felt some kind of way by not upgrading my live license and picking up push before jumping on the mpc ship,

anybody here put the ren on the side and picked up push ? if so how's the controller feel ?
By Dope806 Thu May 19, 2016 8:00 pm
I highly doubt you'll find a yes answer in this forum most folks are "Akai till they Die" type folks... Ableton and push are a totally diff monster and I kinda was thinking myself at one point getting it as well I ended up getting Maschine studio and kept my Mpc I think Maschine Mpc and push are the big 3 biggest competitors in this market... It's def dope but it's all about workflow and what works for you, MPCs are def worth keeping around... And if your comfortable with the Ren and know it well I say keep it master and try to not let the WHAT IF factor bother you the Ren is capable of the same things as any other product out there it's just the know how. Good luck bro
By kaydigi Thu May 19, 2016 10:33 pm
Not dumped, but I use Push 2 and Mpc Touch in tandem. Bought the Push 1 and sold it for Push 2, mainly use it for the live audio options. If MPC 2.0 works as advertised then Push and Live may not be needed anymore. Akai has added the live pad slicing and has good offline time stretch (so realtime should be good) and they will have clip launching.

I wouldn't buy it now until you get your hand on mpc 2.0
By SILIS101 Thu May 19, 2016 10:42 pm
One of my friends dumped the MV8800 for the Push2.
He used the MV for many years and before that the MPC2000XL.

He told me a few weeks ago, after using the Push2 for a month, he said it is a massive upgrade and will never ever look back.
BTW he never was an Ableton user before.
He has always been my Beatmaking mentor. I have to believe him.
BUT, I'm into workflow. Can't top the MPC Ren for that IMO.
I think Ableton is a massive program to learn and I cannot dedicate all my time to it right now.
From what he has told me, it has been worth it.

Ableton has a lot of huge perks in areas of sound design and manipulation if you have time to learn it.
In my life, I don't need it.
By Dope806 Thu May 19, 2016 11:41 pm
^^^^ true. Very hard to choose though I say go to GC and Mess around with the demo they have set up you may like it a lot maybe not. Just hard to say everyone is so diff.
By SILIS101 Fri May 20, 2016 12:53 am
If you already have Ableton and really understand it, get the Push2.

To me, there are too many steps to take to get what I can do with half the steps it takes on the Ren.
Again, Ableton is a beast if you know what you're doing.
In the back of my mind, I wish I could take the time to be an Ableton power user, at least to use the great features the Ren doesn't have yet.
I honestly don't know if getting the Push2 will make any faster workflow but it could possibly create a better overall production to its end-user and that is what ultimately matters. Right? It's what a user can do with his tools available to them. An artist can paint with their own blood to get the color RED or buy a blood colored paint to use. It's all about what tools you have and what you want to create with it.

Again, I think the Push2 has a huge attraction for the well rounded Ableton user.
By godlike Fri May 20, 2016 1:02 am
No one who is familiar with new MPCs would find it worthwhile to fuss about with Push 2.

I had the Push then traded it in for Push 2--I only use it speed up or slow down samples. It takes double the time to do everything compared to the new MPC lines (Ren/Studio/Touch).
By kaydigi Fri May 20, 2016 1:22 am
godlike wrote:No one who is familiar with new MPCs would find it worthwhile to fuss about with Push 2.

I had the Push then traded it in for Push 2--I only use it speed up or slow down samples. It takes double the time to do everything compared to the new MPC lines (Ren/Studio/Touch).

Yeah, I feel this exactly. I can't wait for Summer Naam to see the 2.0 progress.
By konc3pt Sat May 21, 2016 2:05 pm
Thanks for chiming in :nod: I'm no stranger to live, had it since live 6. Always liked how smooth it worked with the mv and the mpc

kaydigi dropped some hope here :smoker: real time stretch and audio clips is what I miss the most...and the audio mangling in general

I have live 8, but cannot get it to work with ren.. tried couple of times.

I'll try again this weekend, I can hear individual pads when hit but the mpc wont sync up with live and play the sequences
By Marky1971 Sun May 22, 2016 9:38 pm
I have not read through all other posts. I have experience of push1 and Ableton live.

I am new user of studio. Push1 sort of good for audio files and beats with the pxt addon.

Simply I would not put Push and any MPC in the same zone. Both very very capable but both very different in terms of workflow and sample editing and "beatmaking"
I am glad I never got my MPC studio until recently. I am quite taken back by what the very first versions of the MPC Studio Software could not do at v1.3. I chose push at the time. I would trade push1 easily for any MPC machine.

May not help but I would not even trade my £150 MPC studio for a new Ableton push2.

I do live Ableton though.

Cheers.

Mark
By konc3pt Mon May 23, 2016 7:57 pm
Was on live since version 6 until 8, always thought of it as the MPC of software for its simplicity and different ways of being able to work on it.

Put live on backburner when picked up ren little over year ago, been enjoying the MPC. At the same time still going back to live to time stretch samples :lol:

But if the MPC get the audio clips, and the time stretching I would imagine only time I would be using live then is to use its instruments.

I hope akai gives the MPC some wicked audio mangling capabilities in the future, especially for working with loops and audio files in general.
By dustymaestro Wed May 25, 2016 1:12 pm
I have been using Live since 4. I dumped Push 1 for MPC Touch. Maybe its because I was so used to using Live without Push that I never clicked with it. Im not sure, I am sure that I didn't like it much. I do like Live though.

I don't have plans for Push 2, I'm fine with the mouse. I use keyboards and MPC's instead of Push's pads. I also use Touch for transport control. When I had Push I still needed the mouse quite often.
By godlike Mon May 30, 2016 1:54 pm
kaydigi wrote:
godlike wrote:No one who is familiar with new MPCs would find it worthwhile to fuss about with Push 2.

Yeah, I feel this exactly. I can't wait for Summer Naam to see the 2.0 progress.

Yes sir! Very happy that AKAI is in the lead with the software ingenuity.

They really do not have much more that is needed to do at this point, Yes?