Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Fraaanck Mon May 30, 2016 12:47 am
Hello MPC pros

I am having an issue I have not found any info about online.

I am using the MPC software with the renaissance (1.9.5 software and 3.3.2 driver), and a MPK mini as a midi keyboard.
While using internal plugins, such as the Bank and lets say its first preset, nylon guitar, the notes I play during record mode are not rendered as I play them, in the playback mode.
I hit a C major, and while recording, it sounds like a C major, it looks like a C major whether I use the mouse on the onscreen midi keyboard, or press the actual mpk mini keys, but as soon as the playback mode starts, not only does it not sound like a C major, but the onscreen midi keyboard displays keys I have not played during the recording.
I cant even adjust manually as if the keys I originally played were no longer on the virtual onscreen midi keyboard.
I uninstalled the driver, reinstalled it, same with the software, to no avail.
I took a 20 second video of the phenomenon, but it doesnt look like I can attach it here
Note: this issue doesnt occur in a new project.

Your help is greatly appreciated
Franck
By Fraaanck Mon May 30, 2016 1:19 am
it took some time for Youtube to process the video
sorry about the quality, though it s not as clear as I would have expected, I think you will get the point

I am playing those four notes with the mouse and the onscreen midi keyboard
the first four bars are recording, I take the mouse off the virtual midi keyboard and the last 4 bars are playback

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iepkk862PI
By Pitty Brown Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:20 am
I know this post is old, but i had the same issue today. The Problem was bound to the project in mpc software. Restart didnt help (mpc x and computer) So i safed the plugins i was triggering and opened them in a new project and it did work. Thank god i did just start the missfunctioning project. I am using the software 2.6
By Monotremata Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:12 pm
I was strictly software up until this weekend, and Ive run into corrupted projects quite a few times with it. Happened more often in 2.6, but it still happened in 2.5 as well. Once in awhile something will just stop doing what its supposed to be doing, or won't work correctly anymore, and nothing you do can fix it. A couple times Ive 'fixed' it by just saving it as a new project and going from there, but Ive had more than a few I had to reconstruct from the ground up because the songs were just broke flat out.