Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By bobbybland Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:45 pm
Hi,
Akai here's yet another feature request this time dealing with the save feature in a DAW.
Please allow the MPC to have the ability to save it's current settings, once the DAW is saved. And not force the user to save again in the MPC software, unless they choose to.

This whole Mpcstate. etc doesn't work very well, I've noticed that if the end user has many multiple projects constantly opening different songs in the DAW,this can get very confusing without saving a 2nd time in the Mpc software. (eXAMPLE Maschine,Geist,BPM or any other vst software for that matter, that I've ever used,allows for this).

And in some cases, the MPCSTATE.ETC autosave or whatever it is, limitation will lose projects if enough songs from within the DAW are opened, confusing the mpc software. Please remove that, and just allow it to use the DAWs master save button for the Mpc software while in a DAW, like any other host software! We shouldn't have to save twice, because the code is not standard!

This is a VSTi, and it needs to function as such, thanks
By bobbybland Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:14 pm
The current mpc has a function when saving called, mpcstate. what it does is try and save, the problem is, like u mentioned moving from mac/to pc/ or even worse, loading multiple projects, it has some weird limitation, which they need to completely remove and re work the code - and allow it to save as a proper vsti.
By dustymaestro Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:01 am
There might be a problem with that though.

I sometimes load up the plugin files in the standalone app.

I also load up the standalone files in the plugin app.

Its good to have access to the file in both the MPC software and the MPC plugin.

Theres always room for improvement, for now I just create a folder and name it. I name it the same as the DAW file name. I just add a "t" to it.
By bobbybland Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:31 pm
what I'm suggesting, is for the DAW, when using the plugin and while saving the DAWs project, it should function as a proper Vsti,in regards to saving. There shouldn't be this limitation, it should allow the DAW to save the project,if you command save while in the DAW like any other plugin allows for. thanks
By turnipwagon Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:44 pm
Hi All,

ANyone know if there's been any update to this in the last few years? I just tried saving in the DAW and then on the MPC as I wasn't sure if my work would automatically save on the MPC while operating as a plugin. So, I saved and a MPCstate-'date'-'hhmmss' file was created.
I'd appreciate some info on how to best work with this if people are doing so. Any best practice tips? :worthy:

Cheers!