Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By blacpac Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:36 pm
what i mean is when i press C1 on my keyboard pad 2 lights up not pad 1. pad 1 is my kick so when i press C1 on my keyboard it should be pad 1. like pad 1 kick should = C1 kick. but instead c1 is my snare which is pad 2 on the mpcstudio. Another example on my keyboard D1 triggers pad 12 but i need it to trigger pad 3. my keyboard is a roland fa06. hope this isn't to confusing. :Sigh:
By Lampdog Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:44 am
Keyboard note assign (chromatic assign) is NOT in line with drum machine (gm midi drums) assignments. Hardware mpc's are known for this, as you've found out.

Create a blank program and assign notes where you want them, save it. Use this template everytime you start a new project that needs it.
By blacpac Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:22 am
Lampdog wrote:Keyboard note assign (chromatic assign) is NOT in line with drum machine (gm midi drums) assignments. Hardware mpc's are known for this, as you've found out.

Create a blank program and assign notes where you want them, save it. Use this template everytime you start a new project that needs it.

thanks for your help. i'm still lost though here's how i got it set up in midi control mode:
pad 1 = note c1 (kick) pad 2 = note c#1 (snare) pad 3 = note d1 (hat) etc etc all on midi ch 1
ok so when i press c1 pad 1 lights up but plays c#1. i switch to main mode press c1 and pad 2 lights up. i created a blank program mapped everything up saved it as program and midi control scene. Am i still doing something wrong?
By MPC-Tutor Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:57 am
Currently the MPC Software doesn't allow you to change MIDI note order in DRUM programs (a legacy MPC feature). Instead, download this one I created earlier:

files/chromatic.PGM

Load this into the MPC Software - this will put the pads in order from MIDI note 36 on A1, 37 on A2 etc. Downside is you'll need to use this as your 'template' for all new DRUM programs - I'd suggest editing it with any preferred defaults first and resave it in XPM format and keep it stored somewhere handy. Or create a blank project, load this program template into memory, configure your project with some preferred defaults (e.g. sequence settings, mixer settings etc, and save the entire project as a 'Template' (check the 'save as template' box at the top left of the 'Save' box). Now each time you create a new project, create it as 'File > New From Template'.
By blacpac Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:10 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:Currently the MPC Software doesn't allow you to change MIDI note order in DRUM programs (a legacy MPC feature). Instead, download this one I created earlier:

files/chromatic.PGM

Load this into the MPC Software - this will put the pads in order from MIDI note 36 on A1, 37 on A2 etc. Downside is you'll need to use this as your 'template' for all new DRUM programs - I'd suggest editing it with any preferred defaults first and resave it in XPM format and keep it stored somewhere handy. Or create a blank project, load this program template into memory, configure your project with some preferred defaults (e.g. sequence settings, mixer settings etc, and save the entire project as a 'Template' (check the 'save as template' box at the top left of the 'Save' box). Now each time you create a new project, create it as 'File > New From Template'.

Thank You :-D
By liothomas Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:52 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Currently the MPC Software doesn't allow you to change MIDI note order in DRUM programs (a legacy MPC feature). Instead, download this one I created earlier:

http://www.mpc-forums.com/files/chromatic.PGM

Excuse me I'm totally lost here. I got the same issue and I'm on MPC 2.6 software. How do you load this .pgm file in the software? Thanks